• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Post Your Grafil Body Photo Here

G

Im close to making another Grafil order. That means most of the first order has sold. I have not seen any pics yet. I would like to see some painted and mounted. So please post your Grafil XB-G and XBE-G photos here. I know some of them have sold to RRF members.

G

Really??? None painted yet? Surely some of the first batch of bodies had to belong to forum members.

rookie101

Been too busy around my place to even look at the body, but I promise when I get to it I will post some pictures. Also I would pay extra for a pre-cut body, or at least one with some sort of line to follow with the scissors. Freestyle cutting scares the crap out of me........ :eek:

G

The bodies don't come precut. If anyone needs I can add cut lines to help out.

Its not tough you can stick the stock body inside to get a starting line.

rookie101

RCDAD said:
If anyone needs I can add cut lines to help out.Its not tough you can stick the stock body inside to get a starting line.
That would help a lot actually, although a bit late for me since the XBE-G is already sitting on my work table:). If you get the chance could you let me see a couple pictures of the stock body sitting beside the Grafil?

G

I did not realize it was a problem for some. I've cut out many bodies in my time, but I can remember feeling a bit apprehensive my first few times. I will start adding a cut line to all bodies that go out from now on.

I appreciate the comment. I want it to be easy for all!

Here are some shots. If you need any more feel free to ask.

-

a3ed0e44.jpg

a6875e67.jpg

89c73dc8.jpg

0025af08.jpg

rookie101

Okay, that wasn't too bad. One question though, how are you getting the front body clip in? Man that's tight with two layers on there!!

XB-E.jpg

G

For starters, good job!!

On the nose piece drill the hole in the nose piece a little larger than the base of the body post. I drilled a hole in the body post under the base and added a body pin to support the nose piece. This seemed like the easiest at the time. Sorry the pics are not the best.

-

aff4c192.jpg

e0d4eff6.jpg

906bfbbe.jpg

G

rookie101 said:
Ahh that makes perfect sense. Next stage paint! But likely be a couple of weeks, still not quite sure what I'm going to do for paint yet.
Yeah that's the hardest for me every time I do a new body, comming up with a design. I hate to copy what's already been done.

G

Shredder XB-G

I guess I'll try to give you guys some inspiration to get those bodies painted.

I also wanted to show the shredder owners that the Grafil body can be trimmed to fit the shredders also.

This only took about 2 hours. I slapped some liquid mask on it last night before I went to bed. I only needed the mask for the windshield. I did the marble trick using metallic orange then silver and backed with white. A couple light coats of black to tint the window. Graphics are just decals. Simple and quick but looks

-

d313e2d6.jpg

c3a59dd3.jpg

6e8b3dd4.jpg

G

Here are a couple more shots. Don't laugh at my cheesy studio setup. I just painted it now and it's dark. To get some pics I grabbed a scrap piece of synthetic turf and through it on the kitchen counter. I got the big WTF out of the wife. Lol

-

a34434ab.jpg

7864b5f7.jpg

G

I did use my heat gun after every coat so I didn't have to wait for dry time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.