• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Port timing numbers rampage xsc

jacep

I just got done specing out and modding my xsc. here are some of the stock port timing numbers I pulled yesterday

Rampage xsc

bore 36mm

stroke 28mm (measured several times)

displacement 28.5cc

exhaust port timing 153

transfers 109

intake 143

Here are some numbers from a zenoah 23orc if any of you care to play around

exhaust port 170

transfers 125

intake 145

these were the best numbers I could figger. The small size of the motor makes it pretty difficult

alfred e numan

port measurements

i have a link somewhere in this p-c for a pipe building program- it costs about 20 bucks to download.- not certan about how good it is. has target rpm range- this leads me to think it plans top end orented pipes? the program automatically takes into account exhaust heat. there is another program buired in the hpi forum some where - free,- this program is all manual- you have to enter the type of fuel- guess the exhaust heat. these 2 programs seem to have gaps in the input questions- weather or not the header is built tapered or not for example. - I bet the big name pipe builders have programs that cost big $$- more accurate? thing is though bout computer programs- i bet it still comes down to seat of the pants feel- trial and error to come up with a really good pipe- yea, tru the grapvine - i have heard tell that some of these programs cost 5 grand and up---

Sprint 77

Contributor
I use both programs. The $20 one does not support the tiny cc motors we run . It is more for matter and dirt bikes. Would be hard to do anything with either if you don't have access to sheetmetal forming equipment, tube bender and a Tig welder.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.