• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

plastic gear thingy in pull start ?

forist

Contributor
hey it is messed up that they put plastic gear part in the pull start. Mine broke yesterday i fixed it with heavy duty wire wrapped around the edge covered with epoxy till can get the metal one. This 30.5 is to much for the plastic one. this should be on the first things to replace list. I would have replaced it but just found out it was plastic.

DemonRC

Do you mean the pawl? The part that engages the flywheel? If you get a metal one make to sure keep your pullstart clean cause if you get some dirt in it and the pawl doesn't disengage after the engine is started it will eat both the pawl and the flywheel. I stick with the plastic one since it's cheap to replace and won't wear on the flywheel.

kryptonite

they all come in plastic. i have metal pawl in my MT, but i don't notice it. never broke a plastic one..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts