• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Plant's

hal001

Who's going to run stock, and who's going to go big or go home.

RampageHopUps

I am currently running a stock 23 and X-can in the buggy, and a 29cc head kit and X-can in the Monster Truck. I have a CC Racing Engine on order for the next Monster Truck though.

hal001

Cool, i am going to have a spare race motor to soon, i am thinking of putting it in one of these car's or trucks to. I have seen to vid's with x-can and 29 top end. Goes real well.

I love the 4 wheel power slides. Awesome.

monsterman

Since these are 4x4 I think its MUST upgrade to get rid of the stock 23cc and move on up to something bigger.. We all know the bigger the better so why wait..

RampageHopUps

Not really, the buggy does well with a 23cc and the X-can. With a proper tuned exhaust, it should hold its own on the track. Now, the Monster Truck, thats a different story. More power for crushing Nitros.

Trtboy

I have a fairly new ss motor that i'm gonna put the DS Sikk head kit on. We'll see how she does with that

monsterman

Well from some of the vids I have seen they both really look like they rip.. But I wouldnt mind dropping in something bigger even a 26cc into there would do nicely

M

magnum57

i put the 28.5cc in the MT5 and huge difference. this truck rocks

Ron E

Contributor
My trucks on order, along with the 29cc kit and a x-can, but a pipe is in the future. Looks like there sould be some great exhaust systems available soon. :) :) :)

RampageHopUps

Alrighty, i got my CC Racing 26cc Zenoah engine today for the Monster Truck. Then tommorrow should be a stock Zenoah 26cc for the buggy.

hellya

First thing I noticed when running a 4x4 the top end isnt the same as a rear wheel drive...you have more control in corners but in the straights the 2 wheel drive will catch ya.

I added a DS cylinder kit to my smartech 4x4 and a 8000 clutch spring great bottom end but the topend still isnt as good as the same engine in a baja

lancier

We all know the MT is a 4-wheeler which gives better control on the track and good bottom end pulls. Even in real size cars, a 2-wheeler will always go faster than a 4-wheel drive car. Make good use of the MT and go bashing up those hills. I tell you, top end speed wont matter when going up a hill @ 25mph. Thats the 'Rampage MT Advantage'! :D

Just_Gerald

you can get the same speed, it'll just take a little more power or a little more gear, there is more parasitic loss with 4 wheels going around, and the extra weight, but they should be able to go the same speed.

GeneralG

I noticed for the first 15 minutes of running the buggy before the throttle/brake servo died:mad: :rolleyes: that with the a 26CC CY engine there is not near enough torque for this buggy. This was with a stock gutted exhaust. I will be sticking in a ported 29CC CY with possibly a reed cage in the buggy before I run it again.

satttheman

hey rob can we get a vid of how the mt5 runs with the cc racing pro mod im thinkin of getting one or sending my esp back to doug and gettin the ts reed put on it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.