• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

PISSED TO THE MAX

Yroc5975

MY RAMPAGE WAS IDLING AND ALL OF A SUDDEN OUTTA NO WHERE IT REVVED UP AND NOW MY DIFFERENTIALS ARE F**KING LOCKED! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM WITH THIS RC AND I HAVENT EVEN BROKE IT IN YET! THIS RC IS BRAND NEW! FOR REDCAT TO BE CLOSED ON A WEEKEND SUCKS BC MOST OF US WORK MON-FRI AND ONLY GET TO ENJOY OUR HOBBY ON WEEKENDS AND TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE SUCKS A**!!!

Haroldbee

MY RAMPAGE WAS IDLING AND ALL OF A SUDDEN OUTTA NO WHERE IT REVVED UP AND NOW MY DIFFERENTIALS ARE F**KING LOCKED! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEM AFTER PROBLEM WITH THIS RC AND I HAVENT EVEN BROKE IT IN YET! THIS RC IS BRAND NEW! FOR REDCAT TO BE CLOSED ON A WEEKEND SUCKS BC MOST OF US WORK MON-FRI AND ONLY GET TO ENJOY OUR HOBBY ON WEEKENDS AND TO NOT BE ABLE TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SOMEONE SUCKS A**!!!
Calm down, Bro. I own a Redcat Rampage XR, and I can tell you what you NEED to do:
#1: Take out the engine, so you can have access to the center drive with the spur gear that connect the dogbones to the gear cases with diffs.
#2: Take off the gear case Cover to expose the gear-cluster.
#3: Takeoff that part with the servo and expose the brake with pinion arrangements.
Now...
A) Check the spur gear configuration to see if any grub screws are missing. Check the spur gear itself and make sure the little screws are all tightly in, and not jamming the rotation.
B) DO the same checks on the shaft from the gear-case that connects the pinion. Check for loose or missing grub screws.
C) check into the cluster-gears for missing grub screws.

If you find screws missing or loose; re-tighten with blue LOCKTITE. You MAY have to order replacement grub screws for your car. You'll need them.

BEST OF LUCK. PEACE!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online