• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Pics... Help the newbie

Neff

Receiver box... In order to not take the cover off every time to charge the battery, is it safe to just make a couple small slits (cable width) in the receiver casing side to leave the cables exposed on the outside of the box and still screw down the lid?

... Also, does the red light on the wall charger go off when charged or just stay on when it is powered?

Air Filter... Redcat sent me a blue billet air filter. I'm wondering if I should use this filter now? Is it a better filter or should I just stick with the one that came stock?

Transmitter... came with 0 instructions, I have an idea on the bind/ failsafe button, saw a video posted and will watch tomorrow but not sure on what all the other settings control.

Tried uploading pics but there not taking. File size may be to big uploading from my phone. Sorry

Please help the newbie. It'd be greatly appreciated. Thanks

G

Receiver box... In order to not take the cover off every time to charge the battery, is it safe to just make a couple small slits (cable width) in the receiver casing side to leave the cables exposed on the outside of the box and still screw down the lid?
Not the safest method but many of us do it. ;)

... Also, does the red light on the wall charger go off when charged or just stay on when it is powered?
No. It takes about 8hrs for a full charge.

Air Filter... Redcat sent me a blue billet air filter. I'm wondering if I should use this filter now? Is it a better filter or should I just stick with the one that came stock?
It's not the best for off-road. The best is going to be the HPI filter.

Transmitter... came with 0 instructions, I have an idea on the bind/ failsafe button, saw a video posted and will watch tomorrow but not sure on what all the other settings control.
The other setting are the Trim and Dualrate settings. These are for servo adjustments like centering steering and setting the end points.

Tried uploading pics but there not taking. File size may be to big uploading from my phone. Sorry
I find photo bucket the easiest way to post pics.

andyken

Notching the box is fine...stock charger is cheap, think it's always on, and up to you not to over charge.

Transmitter should already be bound, but not hard to do.

There is lots of stuff on youtube.

Failsafe is not what will stop your 30lb rocket, get a remote engine kill switch.

Neff

Thanks guys! I'm planning on ordering the kill switch, just wasn't sure if I should use this for the time being.... meaning prob a week or so.

Really great to get advice from those who have learned the Do's and don't's and know these machines more so than I so far. Looking to learn a lot.

Thanks again! :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts