• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Picked up my MT today...sweet!

mooman007uk

Banned
Met Rob from Van hobbies today and picked up one big box and a smaller one full of goodies:D

I'm pretty stoked with my new rampage...build quality seems real good considering the price. I ordered the necessary parts to address the short comings that have been rooted out, gear plate, upgrade kit, ramtech springs and other bits and have started the strip down.

pics and more info tomorrow...tired from last minute xmas shopping...what a zoo.

Gas Jocky

Hey I thought you said it was a Christmas present from the wife! No patients eh! lol

Can't blame you though, I love getting new toys too! Make sure to take good pics so I can see what I'm up against, I might have to do some upgrades to keep up with you. When this winter fluff settles down you'll have bring your rigs over for a race!!

mooman007uk

Banned
So here's my early christmas pressie on my living room floor....convinced the wife that the kids would be a bit miffed if i had the biggest present under the tree so best not put it there and it's too cold in the shop so have to bring it inside, my baja too found it's way indoors somehow.

Wow the thing is big.

lots of goodies

So started going thru and stripping down, rounded the heads on the small engine mounts...in real tight

the reinforcing rings in the wheels need gluing in place

the alu servo mounts for futaba i got one mount isn't drilled for the steering servo (digi4 will fit now)

the bearings in the alu gear plate need bearing fit to keep them in cos they fall out

nothing major, and got an upgrade kit to change out the diffs etc.

so need to get the servo mount changed, vancouver Rob forgot to put in my steel 25t gears so I'll get those sent and while i'm at it

i'll order the centre diff alu mounts, front brace and alloy servo arms.

28.5 ported oneills kit on the way, sprint77 mod hpi pipe, hpi air filter, vertigo adapters for paddles.

Overall, as i get into stipping down i'm super impressed with my rampage..unbelievable value and seems to be built pretty tough...time will tell.

i'll post pics of the diff upgrade when i get to them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
Congrats, I installed the alumi.. gear plate and had a little bit of atough time setting up the gear lash just a few times in and out. You lucky bugger welcome to the club, now you have a reason to be here.

mooman007uk

Banned
Thanks guys, yeah i'm a now a proud member of the rampage owners club, can't wait to bash the snot out of it:D

Got the diffs apart and now can't rebuild cos LHS has no stiff diff lube..hopefully by wednesday got some 120000 for the rear and 50000 for the front coming. Guess I'll start stripping the motor, a bit of case work to do with the dremel and wait for my 28.5 top end and stuffed crank hope that gets here by wednesday too, Oneills are pretty quick shipping to me cos their in CA.

I could have it stripped, rebuilt and running in a day if i had all my parts:(

here's a pick from earlier today

Last edited by a moderator:

Clubin

Banned
hey mooman, don't bother splitting the case, I did on mine, and there wasn't any matching I could do, on every one of my Zenoah's I had to grind some away where the transfer ports match the block to cylinder. Not on the CY it is darn near perfect, you can check if you want but take my word mine was perfect. Maybe the casting process is better on the CY?

basher

Nice Moonman Nice. Mine's Il B Here On Xmas Eve Can't Wait.

Clubin

Banned
mooman007uk said:
oneills 28.5 race ported top end and stuffed crank arrived today:D, gotta get some 40wt shock oil and hopefully my diff lube will be in today so i can start rebuilding...
SO?

How did it go?

Cylinder lined up perfect to the case. I know it did.

Did you fire it up?

Did Santa make it to your place?

He was here.

mooman007uk

Banned
Merry christmas to everyone,

santa made it ok but the postman didn't.

Picked up my vertigo hpi adapters from Clayton yesterday...very nice...for paddles:D

I see what you mean about the case...way better the zen, one side needed a bit of touch up as it wasn't smoothed off very well...2 min job but otherwise everything was good...crank is in but I dropped the flywheel woodruff key and can't find it:(

had a spare but can't find it either:( :mad: . and i did a bit more to the oneills head transfer ports...just touch ups really to smooth them off a bit better...went real well. I'll post a pic after when i go in the shop.

Still waiting on diff lube...so I'm guess what....as usual i'm waiting for @#$%ing parts again, centre diff mounts and front brace were supposed to be here yesterday but are still in richmond. hope to get running by tuesday...can't wait snow is melting...mud here I come.

just waiting for my pipe to show up at sprint 77's place for modding so i'll run an fg can for time being.

santa also ordered some all alloy fg fat shocks for my baja, alloy oring pistons, threaded shafts and seals $300 later..ouch

just need the phatdad kits for the ramp and that should be close to being done for now

what did santa bring you??

Clubin

Banned
Yep any engine will fit, any CY or Zenoah, the cases are all the same, the only ones that are just a little different are the clutch casing of the FG.

All I did was just install a 28.5cc BB kit.

mooman007uk

Banned
Finally got awoodruff key, napa had one a bit bigger so after a bit of filing i'm styling again.

here's the 28.5 oneills cylinder after a bit of touch up, had to do one tiny bit on the case to match the transfer port and a bit of smoothing where the ports cut in toward the intake

engine is built and back on the chassis...should have all my parts on monday to get it running.I'll have to run on the crap gears and with fg standard exhaust can until my ramtech/ mcd gears and sprint 77 pipe arrive but at least i should be able to get it muddy

Clubin

Banned
Yep, they sure do a nice porting job, it looks just like my 27.2cc oneill engine porting job. The porting job Dave's does is a little different. I am curious to know what the performance is like.

Pete379

I was going to get the rampage tt5 just because it is something different for me but the more and more I look at everybodies new MTs the more I might get that. DANG IT!!!!!!!! I hate making decisions. By the way, the new toy looks awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts