• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Phatdad 5.2mm shocks worth buying?

DemonRC

I didn't want to get the HPI 6mm inserts cause they break ALOT on my Baja. Not the shafts themselves but the plastic shock ends break alot. Anyways, I wanted Phatdads since I've never broken one yet, however, I couldn't find the Phatdad SS 6mm replacements in stock anywhere so I ordered the ones for the RTR that are 5.2mm since they were in stock. It's still an improvement over 4mm.

Has anybody tried these? Did I waste my money?

kryptonite

in this hobby there is no wasting money. i havent ryed that combo, but let us now what you think. i had the 6mm on my 1st baja and just like you i broke a few of the shock ends wich are pressed in. it was a pain

DemonRC

Hmm LargeScaleRC shows them as 5.2mm but they are really 4.8mm. Anyways, I asked Phatdad himself on the HPI forum and he said they have been beating on them with no problems. I'm gonna stick with my 4.8mm's since the 6mm's need such a large hole in the shock end that there is no meat on it and they break. Plus the 6mm's take up way to much volume when the shock is compressed.

Here's DDM's description on them... at least it sounds good :)

These new V2 shock shafts are made from a incredible strong heat treated 17-4 stainless steel.

The new shafts are 4.8 mm in Dia. Shock shaft damping disk rests on a steel washer not a c-clip.

Stock and replaceable HPI part # 85410 modified for 4.8 mm shaft ( 11/64 in bore )

These shock kits have always been the racers favorite. You have a smaller dia shock shaft, lighter weight shock that allows more oil volume in the the shock body. Smoother handling. Longer lasting fade resistant shock when racing those 30 min A-mains.

Team PhatDad-RC races and bashes all our parts before they go into your hands.

Size is not everything anymore when it comes to shaft strength.

You will not be disappointed with the V2. They are incredible strong and corrosion resistant.

The V2s are compatible with the HPI Baja RTR, SS, and the new 5-T shocks. Your SS and 5-T shock shaft damping disks are a direct fit on the V2s with no modifications needed.

We strive to make our parts the best your hard earned money can buy.

Warranty and contact information on inside of product hanger tag.

Thank you for your continued support.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts