• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

parts exchange

the13bats

Is the chim an X series or based on mt type platform?

Redredcat0223

It’s c series but the rear suspension is different ours the shocks bolt right to out rear shock tower and yours bolt in a different place,the only thing I’m not 100% on s your hub size,my xt was 10mm but I put the ram tec 24mm adapters on

the13bats

A weak spot on the chim is the upper shock mounts, they warp,
I reinforced my front and put a spreader bar on the rear, the exhaust is down right embarrassing in design, it dumps all over the rear diff, but an extender fixed that
When you say "hub" the nut that goes into the wheel is about 20 maybe 22mm i don't have my buggy next to me to measure, the stub axle they slide on with the lock pin is about 10mm,

Redredcat0223

I meant x series ,god dammit I hate iPhones sometimes the keys are so close together for my big fingers lol,and ya that’s what I meant about hub,it’s weird the rest of the car parts well most of the front all match up to X series and the hubs are the same as xt,my,and dune runner,but you should def upgrade them to the ram tec 24mm hubs cause that’s the size on most all other 5th scales,a lot more choices of wheel and tires,and yes the exhaust set up and rear shock mounts are ridiculous,I would save up and install a jet pro pipe and thier is a company that actually makes a rear shock tower for your car and the shocks mount right to that and it cures all your problems,sorry I don’t remember the name but check through this forum at some old chimera forums and that’s where I first seen it,I hope this helps you,and pretty much everything that’s on mine in my pic you could do,just showing you some options!!

the13bats

Which diffs does the chim run?

I have 2 chims one never ran shelf queen that i listed for sale locally and this one that i do run but not that much, its my covid nervious ocd project, it was a basher when i bought it used, not broken but well played with, i had to do the purple loctite on basically every metal to metal screw, did the upgrades i mentioned plus tossed the steering servo it was junk, the vehicle is now going fury road tank girl death race type theme, so it will get ran even less, i just really like tinkering, im also restoring a raco jac rabbit, i remember when they came out, ill likely run it a time or two,
I plan to post pics of the chim when its a bit further along

Redredcat0223

Tat will look cool,I just painted up a Baja bug body for my xt cause I hate the truck body and wanted to give it a more off-road look and the tires in the pic are the stock ones now that I have the wheel adapters on it I put mad max giant grip knobbys on there with red bead locks, I’m just waiting for Rovan to get a set of more all terrain tires back in stock so I have them for the street but can still off road,mine will prob sit on the shelf a lot now that I have over $2000 into it lol but ya the diffs are the x-series ones, I lucked out and got the last set of aluminum ones from 7075rc,I wish he didn’t retire cause his stuff was on point,I have the diffs,chassis,front and rear spindles,and I absolutely love them!

the13bats

I know my chim saw some hard bashing from the guy i got it from, im surprised it didnt have a lot of busted parts, isnt the X diff a weak link?

Ive never much cared about stock stuff in real life i never owned a car i didnt mod, my personal ride is a 69 vette. Convertble. 454 flared out road race style,

Im not really a truck person but love air cooled vw stuff, still have a wilmac vw trike, so i don't blame you going with the baja body,

Way back when rc10 was it i raced dirt oval and ran the bolink dirt vette body, my nitro rustler runs the old 58 vette body,

I got spoiled to the weed stuff everything else is too small lol,

Redredcat0223

That’s awesome I’m no not that I know of,at least my diffs haven’t been an issue and I to mod everything I own. Lol sometimes my wife gives me shit because she’s like can’t you leave that alone,I say babe that’s not me lol she goes uhh I know,I love ya,lol ya my everyday is a ‘95 Jeep Wrangler,the years they still looked like freakin jeeps,not like now anyway it has a 350 small block with the tpi fuel injection,9” of lift with 38” super swampers I love having the top off,but it’s funny you said the vw stuff cause I’m looking for a sand rail at the moment and slot around here in Phoenix fun the vw motors all tweaked out,I was gonna buy a side by side because all that shit out here is street legal,it’s awesome,I’m from south jersey and only lived out here for 5 yrs so far but I’ll never go back to live there,it’s so cool out here and so much to do all year round and it’s only really hot for like 3-4 months then it’s the most beautiful weather,you can see why it’s a retirement state lol anyway I figured why spend $16,000 -$20,000 on a side by side cause I would want a fast one when I can get a ground up built sand rail for $5,000-$10,000 it’s a no brainer and some areas runnin small block chevys or turbocharged 4-6 cyl,but I love anything with a motor. Haha

Phill

Which diffs does the chim run?

I have 2 chims one never ran shelf queen that i listed for sale locally and this one that i do run but not that much, its my covid nervious ocd project, it was a basher when i bought it used, not broken but well played with, i had to do the purple loctite on basically every metal to metal screw, did the upgrades i mentioned plus tossed the steering servo it was junk, the vehicle is now going fury road tank girl death race type theme, so it will get ran even less, i just really like tinkering, im also restoring a raco jac rabbit, i remember when they came out, ill likely run it a time or two,
I plan to post pics of the chim when its a bit further along
I'd love to see some pics of the Jack Rabbit.
I remember when they came out but I couldn't afford it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.