• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Our Volcano Epx Pro.

Sinist3r

So the big man brought my son a brand new Redcat Racing Volcano Epx Pro for Christmas. I spent a lot of time on YouTube and various rc based forums reading up on this truck. I've found that 50% swear on Redcat racing products, and 50% say that Traxxas and Hpi are better. I've formed my own opinion and here's what I've come up with. True, redcat has cheaper products, and you do get what you pay for. But, if you have any mechanical aptitude, most will realize that with the hop ups available, you can make the redcat pretty much bullet proof (if common sense is used while running them). I wouldn't expect any rc to withstand an 8ft jump while landing with the nose down and not breaking parts. It just doesn't work that way. I will also venture to say that replacing every single part to aluminum may not be the best option, because the plastic will flex on a bad jump, while aluminum most likely will bend. Sure, the Traxxas Revo 1/10 is bad ass, but I can buy a tornado epx pro, swap to a mamba max, convert it to a truggy, upgrade necessary plastics to aluminum and run circles around the revo for $200 to $300 cheaper than the revo. It really depends on how you look at it, and how much you can do. I wanted to post my opinion out here for those who are on the fence. Unfortunately, my son decided to try and jump his truck yesterday, but missed the ramp on the fire pit. He went full speed into the brick and broke the chassis and bumper. But no matter, some gorilla glue and some time, it back together until I order a volcano s30 aluminum chassis, and mod it to work with the brushless system. Just my. 02, I will buy a 3rd redcat for myself very soon. I will also be upgrading my son's volcano, in which I will post my mods and pictures here. Tornado project will be next, I'm will be building my own version of the revo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beamie

So the big man brought my son a brand new Redcat Racing Volcano Epx Pro for Christmas. I spent a lot of time on YouTube and various rc based forums reading up on this truck. I've found that 50% swear on Redcat racing products, and 50% say that Traxxas and Hpi are better. I've formed my own opinion and here's what I've come up with. True, redcat has cheaper products, and you do get what you pay for. But, if you have any mechanical aptitude, most will realize that with the hop ups available, you can make the redcat pretty much bullet proof (if common sense is used while running them). I wouldn't expect any rc to withstand an 8ft jump while landing with the nose down and not breaking parts. It just doesn't work that way. I will also venture to say that replacing every single part to aluminum may not be the best option, because the plastic will flex on a bad jump, while aluminum most likely will bend. Sure, the Traxxas Revo 1/10 is bad ass, but I can buy a tornado epx pro, swap to a mamba max, convert it to a truggy, upgrade necessary plastics to aluminum and run circles around the revo for $200 to $300 cheaper than the revo. It really depends on how you look at it, and how much you can do. I wanted to post my opinion out here for those who are on the fence. Unfortunately, my son decided to try and jump his truck yesterday, but missed the ramp on the fire pit. He went full speed into the brick and broke the chassis and bumper. But no matter, some gorilla glue and some time, it back together until I order a volcano s30 aluminum chassis, and mod it to work with the brushless system. Just my. 02, I will buy a 3rd redcat for myself very soon. I will also be upgrading my son's volcano, in which I will post my mods and pictures here. Tornado project will be next, I'm will be building my own version of the revo.

I agree. This one of the reason why I bought one neighbor's child a facsimile of a Redcat Volcano EPX in a version of NitroRCX's Exceed Infinitive EP. It's so much cheaper for a parent to keep up with the cost of a Redcat, Exceed, HSP, and Himoto brand parts then either a Traxxas, HPI, Arrma, Proline, etc., especially if it is their 1st RC. They might not even stay into the hobby.

1st family experience with this Hobby should be affordable and enjoyable not expensive and unenjoyable. Children nor adults should fringe at a price tag and think that this Hobby is disposable.

I always lean 1st timers and beginners to be budget minded and then I teach them how to grow into the Hobby. I've experienced breakage in all the different brands of surface vehicles I own. Because they're man made and manufactured for profit, they all break.

So, don't throw a $500 RC vehicle in their face. Teach them to be a wise and thrifty RC'er and they'll enjoy the a Hobby that'll never get old. It'll grow with you.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.