• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Ordered my 2nd redcat today

forist

Contributor
Just ordered a Rockslide RS10 1/10 Scale Crawler, looks like a blast to play with. If anyone else has one let me know what you think of it plz.

Obeast44

Banned
They are ok, especially for the price. There are several things on them that need improvement before I would even beging to try and comp with it. But for a casual MoA crawler they can do just fine. I contemplated buying one, stripping it down to just the axles and building a full blown comp rig. but it wouldve costed about the same as buying a set of Bully's or berg axles.

badboy2

man u still run 1\10??you need to run that rampage more often hehehe.

gratz on the crawler bro!

forist

Contributor
it is getting cold here so the TT is going to be in hibernation for a few months. Will be upgrading to get set for fresh running this spring. The rockslide will be a inside winter toy to pass the time :)

Obeast44

Banned
I love RC crawling. I first thought it would suck to go so slow....its frickin awesome! The concentration required to hit your lines and perform very well is great. Plus its alot cheaper, parts wise ,than trying to go super fast and wrecking. Plus I can crawl in my house, from my recliner :D

forist

Contributor
Post up a pic Beast, do u have any hopups on it. And what would u recommend for starting hopups if any. This will be my first crawler.

Obeast44

Banned
Heres a few pics, don't mind the wiring job. Ive cleaned it up and changed the mounting positions on a few things.

MTandLosi002.jpg

MTandLosi004.jpg

Specs are:

Losi Comp Crawler

HB Rovers (not in pics)

Tower Pro MG995

Eritrex MoA kit

Punk RC Dig unit

2xIntegy v35s

Tekin FXR

CC Bec

3s 30c 1800mah Zippy Lipo

Traxxas TQ3 with Momentarty pushbutton mod.

Im working on eliminating the CC Bec, and Tower Pro MG995 servo. As soon as I can source a MKS HV300 servo I can run it directly off of the 3s lipo. Which will clean up the wiring alot more.

As far as the Redcat RS10 goes, I will dig up a few threads on RCcrawler.com to help get you started. The best thing you could do right off the bat is buy some Rovers (at $25 for 4 they are cheap) and add some weight to the wheels.

Heres a few threads:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=203627&highlight=redcat+rs10

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187290&highlight=redcat+rs10

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187354&highlight=redcat+rs10

Hope that helps man :)

Last edited by a moderator:

forist

Contributor
Its in Ohio right now should be here tomorrow I hope, stupid UPS those guys are so slow.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts