• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Only front wheeldrive?

WAYNE8004

For some reason the rear wheels wont pull. they just stopped on the third tank, I noticed it. Anyone have any ideas?

Phill

You probably have a broken diff cup

Try turning the wheels individually to see if one moves freely.

If it does you'll have to pull the diff apart to replace the cup.

WAYNE8004

when I turned the wheels they all turn together and the gears are turning too. only thing I noticed was when I took the wheel off bolt u screw the wheel onto was loose. it had a lot of play in it, like pulling it in and out.

BertR

The drive cup on the center diff or the diff housing... The wheels may turn fine off the ground! Under load the cup will loose its grip and spin free on the shaft it's set on.

WAYNE8004

could the bearing be bad being that the axel has play in it?

BertR

The bearings may be shot or you need to reset the wheel square.. You need to reset the drive cups even if they feel tight! This will most likely fix your fwd issue and a pics of mind knowing its done.

WAYNE8004

how do I reset the drive cups? by the way sorry for all the ? this is my first real rc so im still learning.

Phill

WAYNE8004 said:
I didn't think the xt had pins. since it had nylon wheel nuts
I can't be sure as I have a DR but take the wheel off and check if there is a hole in the hex for a pin

I would imagine all of Redcats are the same

murderer-187

U might need to replace diff crown gear if u slammed on your brakes it can knock teeth off the gear and it won't catch when its under power

BertR

There is a set screw on the cup where the center drive shaft slips into. There is a flat spot on the shaft that the set screw seats on..do both rear to center. Locking up the breaks won't strip teeth on a fairly new machine! Don't buy a gear because if that was the problem you would hear it

WAYNE8004

07159 Bearings 19x10x5 (4) 85763 Bearings 16x8x7 (8)

does anyone know the difference in the two? I need the bearings for the rear wheels.

BertR

All 4 are that if your stubs are the 10mm ...if its newer its 19/10/5 ...the older versions had 6mm or 10mm depending on when you made your purchase 2 years ago.

BertR

yes ! the dogbones move in and out a smidge I was thinking about the old hubs and need to correct my self... They are 19/10/5 also The thread was stepped down to a 6mm. But yes it should have a little movement to accommodate the suspension.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts