• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

One of those RC days....

csp1971

Contributor
Perfect afternoon for rc. I drive around for a damn hour looking for a field that is not occupied by football/soccer players. NOTHING. I head back home. After dinner, I decide to head out and find one.

XB runs for 90 seconds, gear plate is cracked and broken around a bearing. So no running.

MT runs for 4 minutes, tie rod pops off, forgot to red loctite the nut and have no spare.

Baja runs for 5 minutes, I flip it on a jump and the hose that connects the pipe to my silencer flies off somewhere. The sound of the v3 Jetpro is ridiculously loud and obnoxious, so I head back home.

So in less than 15 minutes, I'm frustrated and finished. :D

alfred e numan

some days everything clicks-and others ------

csp1971 said:
Perfect afternoon for rc. I drive around for a damn hour looking for a field that is not occupied by football/soccer players. NOTHING. I head back home. After dinner, I decide to head out and find one. XB runs for 90 seconds, gear plate is cracked and broken around a bearing. So no running.

MT runs for 4 minutes, tie rod pops off, forgot to red loctite the nut and have no spare.

Baja runs for 5 minutes, I flip it on a jump and the hose that connects the pipe to my silencer flies off somewhere. The sound of the v3 Jetpro is ridiculously loud and obnoxious, so I head back home.

So in less than 15 minutes, I'm frustrated and finished. :D
There is a saying called Murphys Law. Any thing that can go wrong- will. When I get outta bed at 4:30 Am and throw yesterdays tee-shirt on in the dark and its backwards and inside out- -- naa- its gonna be a good day!!!!

fluxn81

I got you beat... Went out to a Baja track to race. We drove 2 hours to get there at 10am to find out it was a night race so we hung out until around 7pm when it started. During the 9 hours of chilling, I bent both of my front drive shafts on my Vorza, went through 4 pull starts, smacked my 5T into the wall and messed up my servo arm and during the first race, my rear tire on my 5B fell apart on the first lap.

I raced for less than a minute for a 4 hour round trip and 9 hour wait. I'm almost cried that day, lol.

csp1971

Contributor
fluxn81 said:
I got you beat... Went out to a Baja track to race. We drove 2 hours to get there at 10am to find out it was a night race so we hung out until around 7pm when it started. During the 9 hours of chilling, I bent both of my front drive shafts on my Vorza, went through 4 pull starts, smacked my 5T into the wall and messed up my servo arm and during the first race, my rear tire on my 5B fell apart on the first lap.I raced for less than a minute for a 4 hour round trip and 9 hour wait. I'm almost cried that day, lol.
LOL, damn, I would have almost cried too!

Spoiled Toys

fluxn81 said:
I got you beat... Went out to a Baja track to race. We drove 2 hours to get there at 10am to find out it was a night race so we hung out until around 7pm when it started. During the 9 hours of chilling, I bent both of my front drive shafts on my Vorza, went through 4 pull starts, smacked my 5T into the wall and messed up my servo arm and during the first race, my rear tire on my 5B fell apart on the first lap.I raced for less than a minute for a 4 hour round trip and 9 hour wait. I'm almost cried that day, lol.
Wow.. You guys have some great horror stories. My MT. has yet to break in like 3 months of ownership. It is bone stock though and I drive it like a grandma.

Keith81

I HATE those days, and let me tell ya, I've had a lot of them, especially coming from nitro t-maxx's to these gas rampages... Them damn nitros broke so much I swear if I coughed next to it, it'd be broken... The only issues I get with the rampage is the pins fallin out of the drive cups...

:)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online