• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Old school-new owner

Gbaryn

So its finallly coming. I've drooled over large scale trucks for a long time. I remember when the T maxx came out and I was mod'in the .15 tryin to get wheelies out of it....lol. Ended using an RC10GT motor in the maxx.

But those long days sweating yankin on the pull start of a hot nitro engine have been over for some time. I ran through the 1/8 scale nitros too shortly afterwards then when into brushless and the big bucks start rolling out my pocket. Sold the headaches finally. All to buy the beast. I'm down to a tlt rock crawler and axial and my baby the Ofna DM-1 1/7 brushless converted. No headache car. On- road can be sweet that way.

Then comes the REDcat Rampage MT.

I ordered it through largescalerc. $705.00 and they drop shipped it from redcat warehouse in az.. So my kit will be fresh I assume.

I also when to Dave's and ordered the killer kill switch the 990 carb and the dom pipe.

I'll be posting pictures soon after it arrives. I plan on a tear down to go over and make sure everything is tight and install the killer bee kill switch only. I wanna break her in stock and watch what the upgrades do along the way. HPI filter and outwears will be in the next order this week.

Hoping to make some new rc friends on here and share my knowledge while getting some useful info on the rampage here.

G

Welcome.

The MT is a great truck. Very tough and easy to work on. I'm sure your gonna love it.

Gbaryn

This is what I'm hoping for. That the platform is nice. And they keep making parts for it too. I think this truck is gonna have issues jumping. I had an LST2 that I ran nitro at first and it was OK with the diffs not blowing out. Then I converted it to brushless and blew the diffs all the time. I think the reason is the lack of a center diff. Those big tires are spinning up good and when only the fronts or rears hit the ground first the opposite tires are still tryin to go fast. All that momentum has to go somewhere. Via diff cups axles drive shaft etc, for the LST2 is was the ring and pinion. Has anyone tried to incorporate a center diff into this massive beast? I think it would greatly improve handling and tunablity. Not to mention relieve the drive line stress during jumps.

G

The diffs are pretty tough. The drive cups and CVDs will go before the diff.

G

You can de-temper them with a torch. There are a couple of threads with video on the topic. Helps a lot. Also. It's pretty easy to make some sleeves for the cups from steel or carbon fiber tube. With those two mods they become very strong. A lot of guys also have better luck by swapping the front CVDs for cups and dogbones.

Gbaryn

RCDAD said:
Welcome.The MT is a great truck. Very tough and easy to work on. I'm sure your gonna love it.
Your def right on that! I've been rippin it up all over the west coast and finally ended up in Az. settled down. The stock motor Sh&t the bed but only after the road trip ended here in ariziona. So I cant be too mad.

I bought a few replacement parts and upgraded the engine to a Zenoah G320RC and it is so much more fun now. Starts right up and has plenty of power. I bought the WT990 for the stock motor in Utah right at DDMs storefront. I'm thinkin I might try that carb on the G320.

I've only broken one drive cup in the whole trip...front and rear bumpers are a bit f'd and I had to get a receiver battery in Wyoming.

But thought it held up well. from Pismo beach to the desert in Wyoming,,,vegas,,,,death valley...all good. especially considering sand was its major playing surface.

scooby61

Had the 32 cc for about a month now and I'm having more fun with this than I have in years.

Couple mods turned mine into a beast.

If your going to run the hpi filter get the angled shreadstack velocity stack with that you won't have clearance issues with the throttle linkage.

I have the dominator side mount if you ordered that you'll love it. It's heavy but so solid it'll take beating

You'll need some tygon fuel line as you'll have to flip the tank so the cap is on the passenger side to clear the pipe.

Best thing I did was balance those huge tires. Before that I thought they would shake the truck apart now it's smooth up to top speed.

With a few tweaks you will love this truck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.