• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Oil leaking question??

Yannik

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if it's normal that when the Truck is not running or park for a while, it leaks just a few drops of Oil from the exhaust pipe (DDM Dominator Pipe)?

Thanks in advance, :)

Yannik

Hi RCDAD,

I wasn't sure if it was a problem so thanks a lot! :D I'm from Canada and I don't plan on using my truck this winter so should I drain the gas tank before winter or it doesn't matter??

Yannik

rampagemt said:
You would want to drain it if its going to be more then a few weeks
Yes, here in my region of Eastern Canada, we usually had long winter years ago with lots of snow that lasted at least 6 months but now, I would say that the winter season has shorten very as we only have snow for 3-4 months maximum! It is still quite long for me as I don't like the cold that comes with it! ;)

Is there another thing that we need to do when the truck is parked for more than a few weeks like the spark plug or draining both receiver & transmitter batteries? Thank You for responding to my other question rampagemt! :D

Deluge

If you're running a NiMH pack, you can store it with a charge. Once you bring it out of storage, you want to charge it at a low rate.

Yannik

Deluge said:
If you're running a NiMH pack, you can store it with a charge. Once you bring it out of storage, you want to charge it at a low rate.
Hey Bro,

By NIMH pack, you mean the 6V receiver battery? What about the NiCd Transmitter battery, does it need to be drain? I'm asking you that because I've been told some time ago that I needed to buy a "mini bulb hook to a Tamya wire" in order to drain a battery? I think it was for the receiver battery so I bought it but I never used it yet! Thanks Deluge for the reply! :)

Deluge

Yeah, I'm talking about the receiver battery. You don't have to discharge the receiver battery, you can store it with a charge. When you pull it out of storage, though, you want to slow charge it. As far as the NiCd, you don't have to discharge that, either. The only time you want to discharge a NiMH or a NiCd, is when you're checking capacity after a full charge. You only really want to do that about once a year, if that.

Yannik

Great, it make sense! There was a last thing I wanted to ask you is again related the Onyx 220 charger! When you charge a battery at slow amp, do you always set the Trickle to 0mA it will effectively turn this feature off.?

I usually do the same with the s_timer, I turn it off so is it OK? Thanks Deluge!

Trip..

NiCds prefer to be stored completely drained (Dead) with the pos (+) and neg (-) wires shorted together, then toss the pack in the freezer. It will last indefinitely. I've been using this method since the 90's... I still have (and use) my Gonzo branded Sanyo's from 1989. 1300mah was a big pack back then! Woot Woot.

I thought I was the only guy rockin' the Nicads? lol.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts