• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

O-Rings on spider gears

Clubin

Banned
I have 3 spare diff's built and ready to wreck, the last one I built I did not install the o-rings (well, I honestly would have if they would have been in the kit) Not installing them makes the diff much looser.

Same diff oil in 2 diff's one has the o-rings the other does not there is a big difference between the 2 in resistance.

Clubin

Banned
kryptonite said:
o-rings? where do they go? i didnt have them in my kit.
THey fit into the back of the spider gear the side that is flat and is to the outside and rides against the thrust washer.

Strange that you should say that the last diff.gear kit I ordered did not have them, maybe they are not using htem any more.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Clubin said:
THey fit into the back of the spider gear the side that is flat and is to the outside and rides against the thrust washer.
Strange that you should say that the last diff.gear kit I ordered did not have them, maybe they are not using htem any more.
Rob is so busy he may not get a chance to read this thread, you should ask the ( are they still usinging o' rings behind the spider gear in the new diffs) question directly to him. He may want to make a NOTICE thead if there has been a assembly change.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts