• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Non-engaging clutch, help!

Haroldbee

After running my Rampage XR, hard, for about three hours, with a specific carb setting with absolutely no issues, the car abruptly stopped responding to throttle input. The engine ran, but the car stopped moving. Immediately I knew I was having a drive-train problem. In my mind, the orobkemb was either (a): the the gears-cluster, or (b): the clutch on the engine.

But then a third issue developed: an engine that was starting all morning, wouldn't start. I checked the spark plug. It was fouled, and so I changed it when I got home. But yet the engine was starting and stopping, with a carb setting that worked like a sonice all morning long. To keep it running, I increased the throttle trim, and it continued running.

But yet the car would not move. So, I openned the cluster-gear case, and saw that there was a large grub screw missing. Does that have anything to do with the non-moving problem?

I took the engine off, and started it, independent of the car. It started right-away, and the clutch spun, and expanded robustly.

I then turned the clutch bell, manually, on the car, and the vehicle moved. Why then, wouldn't that spinning clutch with the red spring on my Zenoah engine engage with the clutch bell?? Does it have anything to do with that missing grub screw on that large gear wheel? Is my clutch shoes smooth? Worn out?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online