• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

No movement with throttle

boriqua935

Ok it's not the clutch. Took all apart, clutch still has alot of shoe left on it. Checked all pins on wheels cups, checked grub screw by brakes. Everythig is tight. Any other ideas? When I idle truck will not move

Deluge

What do you mean it won't move when at idle? Are you trying to push it and it won't roll? Or are does it not move when you hit the gas?

If it won't move when you accelerate, and you've checked all of the pins and the brakes. I would start looking at the gear plate and make sure the square hubs that the gears mount onto aren't slipping. There are set screws in there, as well.

boriqua935

Sorry that's what I meant. Won't move when given throttle. Checking the hubs was my next step. Thanks

Heavy Chevy

I had a problem that sounds the same as yours...

It's like it's stuck in neutral right? Just reving as you give it throttle?

I made a video on what I did to fix that. I hope it helps you

[ame]

[/ame]
:)

krashkrieg

Contributor
I use Red locktite...just a little...you can always heat it up with a solder iron to remove...Crazy glue I'm not so sure.

Heavy Chevy

boriqua935 said:
Will the glue allow me to remove the hub at a later date of it's necessary?
In m yexperiences, yes. You don't need much, just enough so that it doesn't back off.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.