• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Nitro fuel percentage

Yessabub

I'm confused as to what percentage nitro fuel I can use I know the recommended is 20% for my tornado s30 but I found a store locally with a ton of vp powermaster 30% 16% 50% 25% pretty much everything but 20% can use any of those without harm to my motor?

Ildy666

Anything after 20% you have to be a tuning wiz

Nitro is very finicky the more nitro % = more power but more headaches.

20% is what u want I guess 16% would work better for you if your set on buying

This bargain fuel.

Also make sure this fuel is not been sitting a long time.nitro goes bad

And then you got another headache.IMO just buy a new gallon of 20 % so u have piece if mind.saving a few bucks is not worth the time & headache when your nitro is not running...

Yessabub

What kind of a difference would lower percentage nitro make? Just less power? If so I do not want lol

rcgasser

The lower % means less power 16% nitro is really for planes and heli you don't want to go that low in % on a land rc. 20% is the safest mark that most manufacturers will recommend more room for mistakes. You can run 30% nitro and have to lean the motor more and you will see more power gains especially with a hotter plug.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online