• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Newbie With Rampage XT - Upgrade Suggestions

Chortdakooba

Hi,
New to the forum and I just got my first XT. I previously had a 1/10 nitro scale truck, but didn't like the short runs because of such small gas tank, so I went big.

Anyways, looking at some of the servo suggestions, I'm wondering why the stock servo's are deemed not adequate. I check specs on both of them and they seem to meet the requirements for 1/5 scale. They are both Hexfly brand. Throttle is HX-15S and steering is HX-30HT. Is Hexfly that crappy? What are good servo's then, for Nimh, not LiPo battery packs? I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Also, looking to upgrade to a better battery pack. The truck came with a 6V - 2500 mah pack. I'm not interested in LiPo, but would I benefit from a larger pack, say 4000 - 5000 mah? What run time would I get from the stock pack? I'm not looking to thrash the truck, just a weekend race around at my buddies acreage once in a while.

Other than that, I do have a engine kill switch on order for it, as I seen there was a lot of suggestions for it.

Thanks.

Chortdakooba

Hi,
New to the forum and I just got my first XT. I previously had a 1/10 nitro scale truck, but didn't like the short runs because of such small gas tank, so I went big.

Anyways, looking at some of the servo suggestions, I'm wondering why the stock servo's are deemed not adequate. I check specs on both of them and they seem to meet the requirements for 1/5 scale. They are both Hexfly brand. Throttle is HX-15S and steering is HX-30HT. Is Hexfly that crappy? What are good servo's then, for Nimh, not LiPo battery packs? I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Also, looking to upgrade to a better battery pack. The truck came with a 6V - 2500 mah pack. I'm not interested in LiPo, but would I benefit from a larger pack, say 4000 - 5000 mah? What run time would I get from the stock pack? I'm not looking to thrash the truck, just a weekend race around at my buddies acreage once in a while.

Other than that, I do have a engine kill switch on order for it, as I seen there was a lot of suggestions for it.

Thanks.

Woops.. sorry, I just noticed a couple of threads below on servo upgrades. I will check with the local hobby store to see what they have.

Mikemike

Woops.. sorry, I just noticed a couple of threads below on servo upgrades. I will check with the local hobby store to see what they have.
Ive only replaced my throttle servo because it failed the first week. The stock steering servo is still going strong. Also upgrading the clutch to a 8000rpm gives a lil boost too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts