• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

newbie realy messed up need help

bkdbest

my son got a volcano exp electric pro rc truck he wanted to get a better battery so we bought a lipro 7.4 wasnt sure how to hook up the battery as when we got the truck the battery had two bannana plugs comming from the nicad battery(only 2 wires) when we got the new battery in there was no wires comming out of the battery but there was a plug that came with it and the battery had 2 holes that went into the battery two on the corners one was + and one was - with a small hole in between them the plug that came with it had two wires one black and one red and a small green wire with a smaller prong on it it also had a black and red wire with shrink wrap on them it also had a white flat plug so we took the biger red wire and plugged it into the + hole on the battery and took the black wire and plugged it into the - side of the battery then i am not sure what the purpose of the green wire prong is but it fit in the small hole of the battery so that is where we put it but the ends of the wire that had the shrink wrap on them we figured is where we should connect the the power to the car which i found out later was a 4mm bannana plug but we didnt have one so with out thinking i said lets connect the white to the box where the other two sets of wires were plugged into which i found out later after some research that what i was plugging the wire into was the receiver and i plugged it into the bind plug of the receiver which started smoking and i quickly unplugged it and now we have gotten the corect 4mm bannana plugs and hooked up the cars power like it should have been and since the receiver was smoking i figured that i burnt the receiver up so i bought a new receiver and installed it but when i turned on the car nothing happens when we got the car when you would turn the car on the wheels would move a tad but now nothing happens there is no movement at all and there is no light on the receiver the esc will blink on then off but nothing works at all no turning or no movement of wheels i tried to bind the radio to the receiver but it didnt help and i used my meter and i am not getting nothing to the receiver from the esc do you all think i burnt up the esc also or servo's or just got a bad receiver any help would be great

GRIPNRIP123

Power flows from battery to ESC (electronic speed control) and out to reciever through BEC.(battery eliminator circuit)

You could have fried the BEC on the ESC. The bec powers the reciever at 5-6 volts from the power supplied to it by the battery. If there is any power to reciever then the BEC is ok. If no power then that is most likely the trouble. You did say that you did the bind process (i'm assuming that the reciever lit up?)

You could have fried the signal wire from reciever to ESC, in which case you need a new ESC.

From what you have said I bet your trouble is in the ESC. Double check all wiring per manual and check that the plugs into the reciever are not backwards (yes some will let you). Your steering servo could also be damaged with 7.4 volts going to it through reciever(depends on servo).

You dual powered the BEC on the ESC and that aint good. It was getting power from the battery on the supply side and then more power from battery on the demand side.

Post some pictures and I'll try to help more.

It sounds like you wired in the balance plug on the battery to the reciever. That plug is for charging purposes and will not plug into car. Make sure you use a lipo charger or you will possibly have a FIRE!

Sorry you are having trouble.

Last edited by a moderator:

bkdbest

have no power comming from the esc to the receiver and when i tried to bind the new receiver no lights came on on the receiver so im assuming its a bad esc sorry don't have any way to upload pics

if it is a bad ecs what do i need to know to get a new ecs

bkdbest

ok got the esc installed and when i turned the car on it took off full speed any susgestions

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.