• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Newbie, new toy

smkn951

Hello everyone,

I finally got my 1st 1/5 scale ever..

this is a blast to drive around. definitely waking up the old folks here in Saudi Arabia.

Rob, was very detailed and informative throughout the purchase of the XR.

Continuous update on shipping and excellent advice on other non redcat related RCs.

Hope to have many wonderful times with the XR.

So far i have ran about 5 tanks on this car and is it me or do the tires seem to wear out fast? lol i gues it's all that drifting im doing with it...oh did i mention this thing is a blast to drive......

Ice_2k

Enjoy it :) I'm not sure about the XR stock tires but using HPI's Tarmac busters, if driving like a hooligan, you can easily get them to slick status in 2-3 tanks. Any upgrades on your car? What engine does it come with, the 30cc?

lordachoo

Team Driver
I just got one of these (today actually) - do the tarmac busters fit on the car?

I just put a pair of hostile slicks with the HPI rims from a different car (Rampage XB-E with the ramtech adapters) - and the stock wheel hub on the XR was the same hex wheel shape as the HPI ones, but it was smaller.. Seems like it would be a bit risky and might strip out the rim ?

Are others running HPI Tarmac busters on it like this? or is there another adapter?

My Rampages:

Last edited by a moderator:

smkn951

Ice2k

engine is stock 30cc. no upgrades yet...don't kn ow which one to do first to get the best bang for the buck.

i like the looks of the car but i would like to raise it up a little bit to handle a bit rougher terrain. what would you suggest?

TIA

Carl

Ice_2k

I raised mine up a bit using the adjustable shocks. As for the engine upgrade, a good exhaust will give you a lot of power.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online