• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

NEW XT First Upgrade Q's

Triggerman77

Contributor
Hi I was wondering what other upgrades i should do first ?? I will be adding a DDM Dominator Pipe and was curious if just a jet kit is available or whats The first Upgrades you guys/gals have done on your Rampages ?

Also what are the BEST Performance Mods other than tuned pipe ???

Thanks in advance

dozer187

well essentials would be upgraded servos...and make sure u loctite everything...these rampages like to shake things loose if there not secured well....another suggestion to start with is to vent the gas cap...involves drillin a small hole threading in a nitro fuel barb and running sum fuel line off of it this way u don't get vapor lock. in terms of best bang for your buck in performance.....pipe is the best way to go...generally a big bore kit is a good option as well but i believe the xt/xb come with a 30cc stock so maybe a raceported top end instead of the stock cylinder head

Triggerman77

Contributor
Kill switch Hmm i like that Thanks and im getting the DDM Dominator pipe for sure Rob said it would fit But if for some reason it don't I plan on getting a MT soon as I can get my hands on one!! That what I really wanted but my buddy didnt wanna wait a month to get it and talked me into getting the XT BC Rob had them in-stock. BUT im a Monster truck person all the way so MT Or bust LOL Plus i think im gonna sale a few of my Nitro Collection 10th and 8th scale trucks to go ahead and get a MT

Triggerman77

Contributor
What is the best High torque Steering and Throttle Servos for the Rampage If can post part #'s Thanks

Also I will wait for Rampagehopups to get the kill switches. Hopefully he will have then soon

DemonRC

Steering:

Hitec 805BB (non digital), Hitec 5755MG (digital w/ large spline), or Hitec 5805 (digital w/ large spline) for steering.

Throttle:

You don't need a hi torque servo here because the Rampage brakes are great. You can save some money by going with a Hitec 645MG (non digital). If you wnt digital get a 5645MG.

camo

I have hitech 5805 for steering and losi LOSB0812 for throttle/brake. so far..... very happy after gallon and a half.

powerslave69

dozer187 said:
well essentials would be upgraded servos...and make sure u loctite everything...these rampages like to shake things loose if there not secured well....another suggestion to start with is to vent the gas cap...involves drillin a small hole threading in a nitro fuel barb and running sum fuel line off of it this way u don't get vapor lock. in terms of best bang for your buck in performance.....pipe is the best way to go...generally a big bore kit is a good option as well but i believe the xt/xb come with a 30cc stock so maybe a raceported top end instead of the stock cylinder head
dozer187,

which loctite? last time I used one, I could not remove the nuts anymore. I know they come in different strength.

lightning73

which loctite? last time I used one, I could not remove the nuts anymore. I know they come in different strength.

You wanna use the blue loctite for all screws going into metal threads, when you use the blue type you can still remove screws without too much effort. In rare cases where you have a problem during removal, use heat on the screws and this will help loosen them up a bit.

The only areas where you wanna use the red loctite is in high heat applications like exhaust bolts for example.

Triggerman77

Contributor
I use Blue locktite LOL MAN I love this XT But i think my carb needs to be reset or something. And My throtle servo quit today!! But i have a few spares.

I get my New Rampage MT Tuesday !!!!! Whoohooooo!! I cant wait

Anyone know factory settings on the 30cc Carb?????

Only thing i don't like is No reverse i wannt pull my superG 53in R/C Boat behind mt trucks and put over LOL But its all good

powerslave69

great info

lightning73 said:
You wanna use the blue loctite for all screws going into metal threads, when you use the blue type you can still remove screws without too much effort. In rare cases where you have a problem during removal, use heat on the screws and this will help loosen them up a bit.

The only areas where you wanna use the red loctite is in high heat applications like exhaust bolts for example.
thanks. I would have not known the difference if you didn't tell me until it's too late. You gotta love forums :D

powerslave69

today'ss the day!

Triggerman77 said:
I use Blue locktite LOL MAN I love this XT But i think my carb needs to be reset or something. And My throtle servo quit today!! But i have a few spares.
I get my New Rampage MT Tuesday !!!!! Whoohooooo!! I cant wait

Anyone know factory settings on the 30cc Carb?????

Only thing i don't like is No reverse i wannt pull my superG 53in R/C Boat behind mt trucks and put over LOL But its all good
today's tuesday, man! where is it? take some pics or vid and let us see it out of the box.

Triggerman77

Contributor
Ha Ha HA ! I got it and im loving it. I will get the Battery Charged in my cam soon. So i can get a few pics The body is clear. I gotta figure out a good paint scheme !! I ran the XT body on it today burnt one full tank through it. Just easing around

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts