• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New TT5 Rampage

kdfi

Hey all,

Got to fire my TT5 up for the first time today so far just running up and down the street. My only question is, is there supposed to be alittle gear whine from the center diff gears? I also noticed it aids in slowing down thw buggy. If I go WOT and let off, the nose of the buggy noses down a bit. I checked the brakes and they are fully disengauged when I let off the throttle. My buggy is completely stock. I haven't installed all of the upgrade kit yet. I still have the gears and out drives to install.

Mine sounds like the this one from the 38 second mark to 60 second mark.

Last edited by a moderator:

mooman007uk

Banned
gear noise is normal from the centre diff but you should check that the mesh isn't too tight...i shimmed mine a little as it was too loose, most of the binding comes from C and D gears...mine were tight as hell...i put the ramtech steel ones one and they mesh with perfect clearance and have solved the binding issue.

kryptonite

its not the center gears that are making that noise. its the 2-25 tooth gears. mine was the same too. it kinda felt "bindy" out of the box. but after a bit of running it goeas awy and becomes smooth. just keep an eye on those 2 gears, they are prone to burning up. for some reason the mesh on those 2 gears is kinda tight.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts