• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new tt roll cage

Ron E

Contributor
heres a 3/8" 6061 aluminum roll cage shock tower brace my cousin just made for me.

tt001.jpg

tt004.jpg

tt002.jpg

tt003.jpg

it is very strong and light, really took the flex out of the chassis...

and the price was right... free.

Attachments

• tt001.jpg
    tt001.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 0
  • tt004.jpg
    tt004.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 0
  • tt002.jpg
    tt002.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 0
  • tt003.jpg
    tt003.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 0

Ron E

Contributor
a couple more, I love this thing...

tt008.jpg

tt007.jpg

tt006.jpg

also did the frt and rear suspension arm mod...

tt005.jpg

RampageHopUps

Great work there. It will definitley stiffen teh chassis and help with broken parts.

Ron E

Contributor
thanks guys... I really like this buggy. just got to get a steering servo mount for my hitec hs-5745mg, kill switch and install my new radio and it's set. now to put the mt project truck together. I bought it new in 08, never ran it and took it apart and started collecting parts. now I have everything... almost. :D build pictures comming.

Ron E

Contributor
scaremonger said:
home built right?
yes it is, my cousin troy is a welder by trade but also great fabricator... he's built custom aluminum subframes and gas tanks for factory motorcycle race teams... way back he and I raced 1/10 off road, so he likes rc's. but he's so dang busy getting him with a free moment is tough so I try to bribe him... I just gave him a new traxxas stampede I had for him to bash with, now a cage for the mt... :D

Last edited by a moderator:

cjjeepman

few questions Ron

In the semi fuzzy pic is that front or rear ,or do you do that to Both ,Why the holes in the gear cover ,And how far from St Louis are you ,Im building a 1/5 scale track this spring ,Just outside StLouis ,Thanks Bruce

Ron E

Contributor
cjjeepman said:
In the semi fuzzy pic is that front or rear ,or do you do that to Both ,Why the holes in the gear cover ,And how far from St Louis are you ,Im building a 1/5 scale track this spring ,Just outside StLouis ,Thanks Bruce
yes do both front and rear, very important mod for strength.

holes in gear cover for cooling the plastic gears, I have not converted to steel gears yet and have had no issues.

if you build a track i'll make the drive a few times this summer, that would be great. we come to st louis for the supercross every year also.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.