• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

new to rc electronics.

MIKEspoon

Hey guys I'm just looking for any insight on the electronics on these big cars. I never had to change servos or batteries on my nitros but I also didn't run them as hard as u run my xsc. I'm an elevator mechanic in the electrician union in new York, so I'm aware of how electric works just not on a small scale. I looked into the hitec 645 throttle servo And i have a killer bee installed. Just curious on what other servos should be purchased? Change the batteries? And if so to what kind? Any links posted and opinions are appreciated. Thanks

Deluge

MIKEspoon

Thanks a lot.. stock components will fit the new steering servo correct? I want this thing to be sound before I hop up looks and power ya know.

G

Yes, those servos pretty much just drop in. You will want to use the servo arms that come with the servos. You will have to open up the hole on the arm a little for the throttle/brake linkage.

Trip..

The faster your servos run the more connected you'll feel with the car. The 645 is a common servo, but it's s-l-o-w. A fast servo will make the throttle and brakes more accurate and it will make the throttle response very snappy. Anything .15sec/60 degree or faster will be fine.

Buy the highest torque and fastest servos your budget will allow, remember that you are controlling a 20 pound car with hundreds of dollars invested, never cheap out when it comes to radio gear!

MIKEspoon

Also read some applications have duel steering servos..

G

The X series is a light platform. A single servo will have no issues with the SC tires. Most servos are an improvement over stock.

MIKEspoon

Thanks rcdad.. been a great help, I'm sure you'll be answering more of my questions in the future

G

MIKEspoon said:
I see you can also duel steering servo? Upside to that?
It would be a custome setup. There is a member here who did it on an X-series vehicle.

The MT comes from the factory with dual steering servos.

G

MIKEspoon said:
Thanks rcdad.. been a great help, I'm sure you'll be answering more of my questions in the future
No prob man!

I'm always glad to help.

Deluge

MIKEspoon said:
I see you can also duel steering servo? Upside to that?
Not needed on the XSC. Dual servo setups are inefficient, and most commonly used to make up for using crappy servos. One really good servo will get the job done.

G

It would be better to invest in the 7075RC steering rack when it is released.

ChuenouXiao

Deluge said:
Not needed on the XSC. Dual servo setups are inefficient, and most commonly used to make up for using crappy servos. One really good servo will get the job done.
What would be a major upgrade for my Hitech HS-5755MG ?

G

The next jump up would be the high volt servos and run them off a 7.4v lipo. I run a 5765.

ChuenouXiao

RCDAD said:
The next jump up would be the high volt servos and run them off a 7.4v lipo. I run a 5765.
Do I have to use lipo on the 5765? With out lipo but a 5000 mah battery; would I get better steering power over my current HS-5755MG?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.