• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to Rampage...lots of questions.

flarcer

I'm looking at maybe buying a Redcat Rampage vehicle. I've read the ads and was curious about details on these cars. I thought instead of ads I'd just ask the folks who drive them.

Rampage Rally car:

I've seen ads that say 535mm wheelbase and ones that say 520mm wheelbase, do they really make 2 different wheelbase cars? What size wheel mount? Square or hex? Are they standard 1/5 onroad size? I see in the ad the wheelwells on the body is cut out HUGE, can the body be bought uncut? Rampage TT buggy:

The beadlock wheels, what diameter are they? Are they standard size so that if I decide to go with a different style tire will they fit on this wheel?

Lots of questions I know, but Id like to know before I decide which to get.

PLEASE BE BRUTALLY HONEST. Thank you.

kryptonite

-I've seen ads that say 535mm wheelbase and ones that say 520mm wheelbase, do they really make 2 different wheelbase cars? it is a 520. only one wheelbase available. that makes getting any of the multible body choices very slim. standard wheelbase is 535.

-What size wheel mount? Square or hex? they are the square "FG/MCD" style hexes. that would be great, but it seems the offset is very diffrent. here is the thread on that. http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=2165

-I see in the ad the wheelwells on the body is cut out HUGE, can the body be bought uncut? sorry, no dice. they all come pre-cut. that was my first thought too. fortanitly they come clear so you can thro down your own paint.

-The beadlock wheels, what diameter are they? only stock tire choices for the stock rims. the stock set-up is VERY good. the tires last a long time with good traction. we can run HPI hubs and rims tho. HPI hubs are a direct fit, so you can add extenders or stock width. tire/rim choices are endless. im running chrome desporato rims w/black beadlock and hpi tarmacs.

both machines are great. all depends on what you plan on doing or expecting them to do. those are 2 completly diffrent rigs. cruise the forums and feel free to ask away. theres lots of great info on here.

DemonRC

I can't comment on the Rally specs but like Krptonite said, we can run Baja hubs with any of the Baja tires. Even aftermarket hub adapters for the Baja fit. I can honestly say though that I'm about to move back to my stock TT wheels. They do perform very well and have alot less sidewall deflection than any of the Baja tires since they are much lower profile. They are also lighter.

flarcer

It looks like I may be getting a Rampage TT buggie. Are there any tips as to upgrades/mods? Not bling but durability wise? I have an HPI 26cc that I plan to replace the 23cc with, can the stock diffs handle this? Would this be a 100 percent swap? Thank you in advance.

forist

Contributor
It shouldn't be a problem I am running a ONB 30.5 machined and race ported w/2mm stuffed stoker crank and haven't had a prob with the diffs yet.

kryptonite

flarcer said:
It looks like I may be getting a Rampage TT buggie. Are there any tips as to upgrades/mods? Not bling but durability wise? I have an HPI 26cc that I plan to replace the 23cc with, can the stock diffs handle this? Would this be a 100 percent swap? Thank you in advance.
the 26 will drop right in. the 4wd might scratch for some extra hp. i think you are perfectly safe up to a 28.5-29.0cc. the 30.5 is pushing it, but alot of guys run them with no issues. all depends on you and how you bash. the V1 needs the upgrade kit, but the V2 allready has it installed. check out this thread. a few good links to check out.

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=1728

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.