• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New to me Rampage TT

lovedr79

well after being out of the R/C world for 10+ years i got back into in a big way with this buggy. i have had a few nitro T-Maxx's, 1/8th buggys, planes and such. i couldn't pass this up. as you can see by the pics it has from what I can tell about every aluminum part and upgrade, except the front bumper. also came with a tackle box full of what appears to be all the plastic take off's.

I started going over it last night making a to do list.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on some of what i have here. It does a have Walbro WA-12C carb, this carb does not have a pulse port, choke or a line for the primer. I didnt notice the primer line was missing until i got home, didnt really look it over to good due to the price, I wanted to get out of there before his wife found out how cheap he sold it.

My question is how do i go about priming/choking?
what to do with the primer return line?

Are there any good options for a remote kill switch that doesn't require a 3 channel receiver/radio, currently it has the spektrum 2 channel. I know i should have a 3 channel........ Or is there a good traditional fail safe? It did come with a HSP failsafe in the toolbox.

If this needs to be moved please let me know

rampage 1.jpg rampage 2.jpg rampage 3.jpg rampage 4.jpg rampage 5.jpg

smokinzoltar

Nice TT! I have one that I got in pieces... Been rebuilding it slowly. This is actually my favorite of the rampage trucks. I have yet to own a DR though

Phill

well after being out of the R/C world for 10+ years i got back into in a big way with this buggy. i have had a few nitro T-Maxx's, 1/8th buggys, planes and such. i couldn't pass this up. as you can see by the pics it has from what I can tell about every aluminum part and upgrade, except the front bumper. also came with a tackle box full of what appears to be all the plastic take off's.

I started going over it last night making a to do list.

Hopefully someone can shed some light on some of what i have here. It does a have Walbro WA-12C carb, this carb does not have a pulse port, choke or a line for the primer. I didnt notice the primer line was missing until i got home, didnt really look it over to good due to the price, I wanted to get out of there before his wife found out how cheap he sold it.

My question is how do i go about priming/choking?
what to do with the primer return line?

Are there any good options for a remote kill switch that doesn't require a 3 channel receiver/radio, currently it has the spektrum 2 channel. I know i should have a 3 channel........ Or is there a good traditional fail safe? It did come with a HSP failsafe in the toolbox.

If this needs to be moved please let me know

View attachment 14333 View attachment 14334 View attachment 14335 View attachment 14336 View attachment 14337

Nice find.
I'd be replacing the carby with a Walbro 668.
This is the battery you need.
Should be able to pick one up anywhere.
https://rcmodel.com.au/rc-car-parts.../50051-chargeable-battery-pack-6v-2500ma.html

smokinzoltar

I actually got a battery already...I been running the truck lightly on the track, and wow! So much different than the Mt! I'm actually selling that one now so I can throw some $$ in the TT. It's amazing how similar the Mt and TT look, but perform vastly different! I want to get everything upgraded and possibly do some serious racing with this. Any suggestions where to get parts? eBay and Amazon have helped me so far, bit I'm sure there's better paces.

Phill

I get most of my bits from ebay.
If you can;t find it under Redcat search for HSP.
Same part numbers.
If you're in Oz the site I linked for the battery is good.

smokinzoltar

Ok thanks! I didn't realize I could search hsp a well.

smokinzoltar

Yeah it's like new minus upgraded air ,and 8k clutch. I love the truck, but ever since I got the TT it's all I want to play with.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online