• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New RedCat PhatShaft shocks.

PhatDad

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

Rampage hopups should have these in stock in the next couple weeks. These phatshaft kits will come with every thing you see except you will have to install your stock lower shaft end. Not supplied with kit. No you will be able to better fine tune your suspension using the HPI baja hyper adjust disk. Also no more c-clips. These shafts are a heat treated stainless steel, also 4.8 mm in dia. Stock are 3.5 mm. New shock towers coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

GeneralG

fourwheeler said:
Woo Hoo!! no more c-clips!!
Looking good Phats! :D
+1 to that comment! Nice! After replacing the e-clips 3 times on all the shocks, that's enough for me. :D

RampageHopUps

Its always 2-3 weeks if you notice......... At least on mine. I feel bad telling people anywhere from 2-30 weeks, depending on the machine shop.

RampageHopUps

I had to take a truck down to the gear shop again today. The owner couldn't believe we wanted steel gears for a toy truck. Are you sure you could pay for this?? I need references, could you pay up front........

fourwheeler

RampageHopUps said:
I had to take a truck down to the gear shop again today. The owner couldn't believe we wanted steel gears for a toy truck. Are you sure you could pay for this?? I need references, could you pay up front........
LOL.......... :D

Yeah I bet these people do look at you funny.

DANNYHOCKIN

Forum owner
Skater229 said:
I don't have a baja, so please fill in the info on them... how do they adjust?Thanks,Skater
The pistons are made in 2 pieces. One side has 2 large holes and the other side has 10 smaller holes, in 5 different sizes. Only 2 of these 10 holes will line up with the 2 larger holes at a time, changing the rate in which the oil will flow. To adjust, you simply rotate the inner piston.The HPI Baja has little keyways cut into the shock cap which will enable you to adjust damping without disassembling the shocks. Anybody know if the Redcat shocks have those same "dimples" in the shock caps? hyper adjust.JPG

hyper adjust 2.JPG

/monthly_2008_07/583c605311954_hyperadjust.JPG.912c4da6c30e102c263312f7a5b88c3a.JPG

/monthly_2008_07/583c60531303b_hyperadjust2.JPG.12825ee62ec371d37ea94b83c96f3cd7.JPG

PhatDad

Great news. HPI caps are a direct fit. Even better quality than stock. You will now be able to adjust your damping holes with out taking the shocks apart. I will supply all the parts needed. You will have to remove and press your stock ball in. Looking better all the time.

IMG_1899.jpg

IMG_1900.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Skater229

DANNYHOCKIN said:
The pistons are made in 2 pieces. One side has 2 large holes and the other side has 10 smaller holes, in 5 different sizes. Only 2 of these 10 holes will line up with the 2 larger holes at a time, changing the rate in which the oil will flow. To adjust, you simply rotate the inner piston.
The HPI Baja has little keyways cut into the shock cap which will enable you to adjust damping without disassembling the shocks. Anybody know if the Redcat shocks have those same "dimples" in the shock caps?
Thanks for the info... And the pics help...

Hey PhatDad, what about a total replacement vs upgrading... Could the 5b shocks be a complete replacement?

Skater

RampageHopUps

I installed my prototpyes tonight. Seems to make a difference already. Now I just have to dial in the right hole size I want. I am using 30wt and the 2nd hole from the largest.

Skater229

RampageHopUps said:
I installed my prototpyes tonight. Seems to make a difference already. Now I just have to dial in the right hole size I want. I am using 30wt and the 2nd hole from the largest.
I take it the action is smoother? Or do you also get more travel out of them?

Skater

GeneralG

RampageHopUps said:
This 30wt "Fork Oil" or "Silicone" oil? Stock the Redcat's have silicone oil in the shocks.....

PhatDad

RampageHopUps said:
Perfect. 30wt,2nd from largest. HPI HD springs front and rear. Buggy handles great now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts