• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New rampage mt

Easymoneykd

Cant get cars idle to a still, tires are always spinning after start up. Ive messed with the high and low needles aswell with the idle screw but cant seem to properly get them all to mash up. I can get the idle pretty low using the controller and messing with the idle screw and low needle but when I gas it sounds pretty bogged. Should I try messing the high needle? Any ideas would help?

Phill

Go back to factory on the needles
1+1/4 turns out on the low and 1 + 1/2 on the high then use the idle screw from there.
If it's bogging it's too rich.
What gas to oil ratio are you using?
Should be 25 - 1 .

Easymoneykd

Go back to factory on the needles
1+1/4 turns out on the low and 1 + 1/2 on the high then use the idle screw from there.
If it's bogging it's too rich.
What gas to oil ratio are you using?
Should be 25 - 1 .
Sweet thanks alot Phill. Right now I have gallon can with 4 and half ounces of oil in it, whatever that comes out to in a ratio form lol. Im curius though, does the tires spinning constantly have to do with my carb just being out of tune? And also my trimming on my remote just being off or do you possibly think its a clutch issue.

Haroldbee

Cant get cars idle to a still, tires are always spinning after start up. Ive messed with the high and low needles aswell with the idle screw but cant seem to properly get them all to mash up. I can get the idle pretty low using the controller and messing with the idle screw and low needle but when I gas it sounds pretty bogged. Should I try messing the high needle? Any ideas would help?
To ensure it's not your throttle linkage set in such a way that advances the speed of the engine, try this:

Disconnect the throttle linkage to the servo, then start the engine. If it idles well, then you'll know the problem was your throttle linkage.

Phill

Sweet thanks alot Phill. Right now I have gallon can with 4 and half ounces of oil in it, whatever that comes out to in a ratio form lol. Im curius though, does the tires spinning constantly have to do with my carb just being out of tune? And also my trimming on my remote just being off or do you possibly think its a clutch issue.

Not sure on what that ratio is.
I live in metric land.
The tyres spinning could be because your idle is too high or maybe you have a broken clutch spring.

Last edited:

Easymoneykd

Could definitely be the clutch spring. Ill have to check that, ill try unplugging the throttle servo like you mentioned and starting it see what that does. Thanks for the help?My truck seens to start and run pretty good besides that so maybe im just missing something

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts