• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Pipe Installed

Bill_G

Hey, thought I'd share my new pipe set up. Was running a Baja SS pipe then switched to a Dune Runner shock tower for more clearance. Ran across a knock-off Afterburner pipe on ebay fairly cheap. I figured this pipe would take less work to fit than a Rear Dom and with a custom header it would give good bottom end still.

The pipe was chrome, but half of it was peeling off. Blasted it all off then powder coated it flat black.

th_100_2710.jpg

Made a 3" header from aluminum

th_100_2704.jpg

Some silicone hose to connect the two

th_100_2714.jpg ; th_100_2722.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill_G

More pics...

Rear view...

th_100_2720.jpg ; th_100_2719.jpg ; th_100_2718.jpg

The pipe performs good. I wouldn't expect it to run too good stock on a baja since there's really no header. It's a little quieter than the SS pipe.

Now just need to make a new bumper to protect it.

BTW here's a pic with the SS pipe and bumper I made for that

th_100_2682.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
G

I like it. Cool custom mod:)

Bill_G

Wow how bout that! Didn't see that before. Good price for what it is. I paid $52 shipped from china. The header flange on mine wasn't made very well. It didn't match up to the gasket and would've leaked a lot. Didn't matter for me cause I knew it was gonna get whacked off. I assume Integy's is the same.

G

Don't ya just love that site. I wish they would get interested in Redcat. I love all that aluminum:)

rcgasser

So have you notice any loss in power from the ss pipe to this one? Or does it run about the same?

Bill_G

Well, I haven't ran it that much because the hex inside the brake hub got messed up and the car is all torn down. It runs pretty good. Good low and top still. Maybe a little better both ways than the SS, definitely no power loss. Like I stated before I'm sure the extra header length makes all the difference.

I read one review about the Bartolone Afterburner pipe (mounted on a Baja) that said it had no bottom end. I don't know how this knock-off compares to a real Bartolone pipe. They both state it has some kind of "trick internal header", but this cheapo doesn't have anything inside just wide open.

I'm happy with it. It's compact, rear mounted, light weight and I think it looks cool. Plus it is a little quieter than the SS pipe. Overall I think this pipe breathes better.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.