• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Member & Knuckle Question!

WolfMan

Hello All,

I'm a new member here and the proud owner of a Redcat Racing Volcano 1/18 Monster Truck! Well actually, my son is the proud owner of a Redcat Racing Volcano 1/18 Monster Truck.

You see, he got one for his birthday, and he absolutely loved it. So much so, that he shared it with his friends. One of them drove it into every hard object he could find....eventually the Knuckle Arms at the back broke and the wheels fell down (both back wheels separately).

Being a resourceful dad, I ordered him new knuckles and while I was at it, thought I should get the same car so we could race.

New knuckles are here, and...now I'm stuck...I'll post under a different board...but, I can't get the piece that attaches the knuckle to the bottom of the suspension arm off. It is driving me craaaaazzzzy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I can't open the new car and get it going until I fix his car....
Also, we are in Canada and ordering parts is a disaster...the part cost $6, the shipping cost $7 :-(

IMG-3093.jpg IMG-3092.jpg IMG-3091.jpg

Jonny5

Since it don't seem to have any clips of any sort. Like is a press fit. Just my guess tho.

Phill

Hello All,

I'm a new member here and the proud owner of a Redcat Racing Volcano 1/18 Monster Truck! Well actually, my son is the proud owner of a Redcat Racing Volcano 1/18 Monster Truck.

You see, he got one for his birthday, and he absolutely loved it. So much so, that he shared it with his friends. One of them drove it into every hard object he could find....eventually the Knuckle Arms at the back broke and the wheels fell down (both back wheels separately).

Being a resourceful dad, I ordered him new knuckles and while I was at it, thought I should get the same car so we could race.

New knuckles are here, and...now I'm stuck...I'll post under a different board...but, I can't get the piece that attaches the knuckle to the bottom of the suspension arm off. It is driving me craaaaazzzzy.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I can't open the new car and get it going until I fix his car....
Also, we are in Canada and ordering parts is a disaster...the part cost $6, the shipping cost $7 :-(

View attachment 14007 View attachment 14008 View attachment 14009

No set screw anywhere?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts