• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Heading!

G

Just noticed the Chimera now has its own special place! Cool!

Bulldogger

Well did anyone run it yet??? where are the reviews????

Stygian

Banned
I'm still debating if I want one of these or not, just a lot of stuff has to be done to any redcat 1/5 before you can even run one and enjoy it.

G

Stygian said:
I'm still debating if I want one of these or not, just a lot of stuff has to be done to any redcat 1/5 before you can even run one and enjoy it.
That's half the fun.

I can contest that the money sent on upgrades for my 5ive or Sportsline, far exceeds money spent on my cats. :rolleyes:

Stygian

Banned
RCDAD said:
That's half the fun. I can contest that the money sent on upgrades for my 5ive or Sportsline, far exceeds money spent on my cats. :rolleyes:
oh I agree it's fun putting on all the upgrades but when you get a new toy you just want to go play with it. If I do decide to get one, I am going to order all the upgrades first then order the car it's self this way I will already have them and can just put them on and play with it all in the same day.

rcgasser

Bulldogger said:
Well did anyone run it yet??? where are the reviews????
Well I rand 4 tanks threw 1 today. Its super light!!!! there are at least 18 screws you will have to take out on the cage and the panels and that's just for one side so I could get to the receiver box and oil the filter. The rear of the car is very bouncy there are no rear shock towers the shocks screw into the cage and there is a very light oil that is in the shocks that has to be changed. I have grea problems getting to the gas cap the way that the cage is in the way so if you have large hands its very difficult to get the gas cap on and off and you have to fill the tank with a funnel. The pipe has no bracket in the back and it sits on the cage so it melted a small part of the cage and oil get all over the wing. But all of these problems will get worked out real soon that's just out of the box. Its very quick off of the line and a very nimble truck can not wait to put larger HPI tires on and more upgrades but I had a great time out with it today.

G

I was think'n one of the first aftermarket products should be a quick release kit for the cage. All those screws add up to be a PITA.

G

Those tires look nice. Hopefully the foams have improved.

Last edited:

twissted

Banned
It shure would be nice

Well how can I send a review? If I can't buy one? I need to find one for sale.

twissted

Banned
So for the guys that have one. how does it stack up the the losi 5ive? Is there a lot of room for improvement? Will it hold up to a bushless conversion?

rookie101

twissted said:
So for the guys that have one. how does it stack up the the losi 5ive? Is there a lot of room for improvement? Will it hold up to a bushless conversion?
It's the same basic platform as the XB-E , so with a few hop-ups it should be fine.

G

twissted said:
Well how can I send a review? If I can't buy one? I need to find one for sale.
Redcat has more on the way. The dealers only were able to get a few as the first shipment to Redcat was small.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts