• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Guy With Some Questions

DemonRC

I've read through every post on this forum so far and I took the plung and ordered a buggy. I think I got everything down from all the great info on the forum. Here's my to-do list. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

1) SHOCKS - I've got 2 Baja's with RC4WD rezzies on 1 and Phatdad shocks on the other so I have 2 sets of spare front SS shafts so I think I'm good there.

2) DIFFS - I ordered the Upgrade Parts kit too and will replace the diff pins before running.

3) SUSP ARMS - While I have the buggy apart I'll boil the arms that came with the car and the ones that come with the upgrade part kit.

4) STEERING MOUNTS - Went ahead and ordered the aluminum front steering knuckle and steering hub carriers (opps, I mean steering mount A and B :) )

5) SERVOS - Yanking my Hitec 5745 and 7955TG outta Baja #1 for the buggy.

6) WHEELS - Got 4 rear Baja hubs ordered to run my Baja wheels since I hear the rampage buggy wheels will break quick. Hostile MX's on all 4 corners should look wicked.

7) GEARS - 2 -25T plastic MCD gears ordered

8) WIFE!!!!! - Got wife a nice Valentines present so she's happy with the fortune I spent.

Am I good to go or did I miss something?

P.S. I forgot 1..... Cooler, bag of ice, and 12 pack WOOT!!!

Clubin

Banned
catchaser said:
I've read through every post on this forum so far and I took the plung and ordered a buggy. I think I got everything down from all the great info on the forum. Here's my to-do list. Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.
1) SHOCKS - I've got 2 Baja's with RC4WD rezzies on 1 and Phatdad shocks on the other so I have 2 sets of spare front SS shafts so I think I'm good there.

2) DIFFS - I ordered the Upgrade Parts kit too and will replace the diff pins before running.

3) SUSP ARMS - While I have the buggy apart I'll boil the arms that came with the car and the ones that come with the upgrade part kit.

4) STEERING MOUNTS - Went ahead and ordered the aluminum front steering knuckle and steering hub carriers (opps, I mean steering mount A and B :) )

5) SERVOS - Yanking my Hitec 5745 and 7955TG outta Baja #1 for the buggy.

6) WHEELS - Got 4 rear Baja hubs ordered to run my Baja wheels since I hear the rampage buggy wheels will break quick. Hostile MX's on all 4 corners should look wicked.

7) GEARS - 2 -25T plastic MCD gears ordered

8) WIFE!!!!! - Got wife a nice Valentines present so she's happy with the fortune I spent.

Am I good to go or did I miss something?

P.S. I forgot 1..... Cooler, bag of ice, and 12 pack WOOT!!!
I wouldn't worry about much of that till it breaks, but what I would suggest is changing the servo's and reciever batttery. If you want help, I'll come and help you drink the "WOOT"

I have been running the stock 25 gears for about 6 tanks of fuel already.

I haven't boiled any of my part's I haven't broken anything yet, am I lucky? I don't know maybe this weekend I'll break somthing. lol

kryptonite

dude, you must have read my post with the link to kay jewlers!! :D , it looks like you are set-up. YOU GOT EVERYTHING. your gona be real happy with this model. it seems like you did your homework and thats gona make it so much more enjoyable.. good luck and keep us posted. pics would be nice.. did you get a clear shell? id like to thro some tips at ya, but you got everything.. any plans for the mill?

DemonRC

kryptonite said:
dude, you must have read my post with the link to kay jewlers!! :D , it looks like you are set-up. YOU GOT EVERYTHING. your gona be real happy with this model. it seems like you did your homework and thats gona make it so much more enjoyable.. good luck and keep us posted. pics would be nice.. did you get a clear shell? id like to thro some tips at ya, but you got everything.. any plans for the mill?
I got the clear shell. I love to paint. I'll be doing a true flame over a Black Diamond base. I'll probably cut the top off of it and make some black lexan windows like I do on my Baja's. I'll be sure to get pics up when the shell gets painted.

mooman007uk said:
green loctite all the dog bone pins and centre them with either fuel line or 1/2 a decidamp ear plug in each cup.
Doh!. I figured they would have fixed that by now. Soooooo, even if they are hard to knock out, should I just hammer them out anyways or just the ones that move when lightly tapped?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts