• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New for old. thank god for insurance…..

Just an update from the last time when some worm stole my TT Pro.

We the insurance company came through and gave me enough money to a new TT pro and allow me to make all of the mods to it to bring it back to “before stolen” condition.

Can’t believe that I’m saying it but thank god for insurance…. Be interesting to see what my premium is going to be next year.

Anyway, got the new TT Pro and took the opportunity to fully strip it down, replace all of the nuts bolts and washers with stainless (live near the coast and the salt air condensates in the workshop and rusts everything). I even made new hinge pins in 316.

I also made some sleaves (in 316) to press over the drive cups to stop them bursting. I made enough for all of my buggies.

Since the photos, I have junked the aluminium pipe and made an extended rear Dom..

Because the anodising is blue the TT became a “FORD” (don’t know why but I’m a ford guy) and I therefore made some stickers, painted the body and then made a roof scoop just to finish it off nicely. I need to add some LED lights into the roof scoop but I have too many other projects on the go to start another one just yet.

What do you think!!!!! Yes I do have too much time on my hands….

Ildy666

looks good.thank god for insurance ur back in the saddle.im proud to be a ford guy .nothing wrong with that...

Deluge

Looks good, dude! Nice sleeves! I remember you mentioning that your TT got stolen. Glad you got a suitable replacement.

Just some more bits for the new projectsMentioned before that i was presented with a new TT Pro and am proceeding to upgrade it to its former glory. The problem with this is that I have an old, Dune runner and an MT which have served me really well which sit right next to this gleaming alloy TT. The truth is that I cant drive very well, don’t have the hand-eye coordination and end up with a box of bits at the end of a bash for me to fix.So with all of this in mind I decided to give the others a Birthday and splash out on full alloy for both cars (wife doesn’t know what it cost so don’t tell her).So far the TT has been stripped and all of the fasteners and almost all of the mild steel components have been replaced with ss.The MT has been stripped and I am starting to rebuild and really enjoying the process. I have converted it to a single steering servo and junked the standard servos in favour of Hitech’s. The downside is that the alloy heavy and I now have a shed load of plastic parts which I don’t want to throw away as they are in too good condition. But it looks great.Anyway, I have started to make a rear Dom pipe. I’ve done this many times before as the rear Dom really wakes up the engine but I struggle to position it so that it doesn’t burn the body, fuel lines, etc. The only place that a rear Dom fits well is “in the Rear” bit it’s a tight squeeze. Lots of sectioning pipe to get it to curve tight enough through the rear wing, bit I have made it fit. From my research, the longer header pipe should only provide greater torque but I don’t know really what it will do until I try it.The MT has been fitted with HPI adapters and will be running the Hostile rears front and back (love them). Its also got a belt drive and have a CY 46 cc on the way and I have to fit the alloy diffs which are still on the bench.Im also fitting some custom shock towers so that the shocks are more vertical and make more room for the new body to go on. I made a template out of ply wood to get the positioning right and once my mill is back in action I will make some out of T6.Then I have to do the Dune runner…..This may take a while

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

IMG_1143.JPG

IMG_1139.JPG

IMG_1140.JPG

IMG_1171.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/IMG_1143.JPG.7f5d0a024005dc7ef73bbfdc5fc3bb64.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/IMG_1139.JPG.7c74ed634122b4c44dcb56afc03c5c6b.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/IMG_1140.JPG.76c54a661fc303d3476b6b699db8979f.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/IMG_1171.JPG.ff509cc869b8ad17f8addcee666809e9.JPG

/monthly_2012_08/IMG_1172.JPG.514fe5cce67213b8087fb732e3cfa171.JPG

lid MCD

Yes it’s an MCD lid. I’ve smashed so many TT lids (due to the bad driving) that I decided its time for a change. It would be nice to get a lid that was purpose made lid for the TT and MT.

Maybe another project…..

G

Nice setup. The pipe looks great! Overall looks like an awesome build.

Deluge

blueeyedboy100 said:
Yes it’s an MCD lid. I’ve smashed so many TT lids (due to the bad driving) that I decided its time for a change. It would be nice to get a lid that was purpose made lid for the TT and MT. Maybe another project…..
Yeah, the stock bodies are like glass. The MCD body looks good, though.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Great Job!....Glad insurance came through...really great that they paid for upgrades as well.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts