• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Dune Runner, won't start.

BertR

Pull the carb off and leave the plug in and pull it a few times and it will clear the engine of any fuel... Make sure the car is off the ground when you do this.

Phill

Ice_2k said:
I'm pretty sure that's not correct. Even intentionally sucking fuel directly from the tank by pushing the primer bulb doesn't put fuel in the engine.
He's right Ice.

The air being pulled through the carb pulls fuel with it not to mention actuating the pulse valve.

Phill

BertR said:
Pull the carb off and leave the plug in and pull it a few times and it will clear the engine of any fuel... Make sure the car is off the ground when you do this.
Too hard Bert

Starter fluid works great and there's no taking apart or turning upside down etc.

BertR

Phill said:
Too hard BertStarter fluid works great and there's no taking apart or turning upside down etc.
I can't argue with you on your method lol. Just saying that a seasoned 1:5 scale veteran can have the carb pulled before regular Joe can locate his plug wrench and get started. If it's real bad this would be the most effective way to ensure the pulse doesn't bring in more fuel and make the flooded engine worse off.

Phill

BertR said:
I can't argue with you on your method lol. Just saying that a seasoned 1:5 scale veteran can have the carb pulled before regular Joe can locate his plug wrench and get started. If it's real bad this would be the most effective way to ensure the pulse doesn't bring in more fuel and make the flooded engine worse off.
It may be easier on the X series or MT but on the DR it's a real PITA to get to anything because of the cage.

BertR

Phill said:
It may be easier on the X series or MT but on the DR it's a real PITA to get to anything because of the cage.
Your right!! I I didn't take that in to consideration

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online