• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New Chimera

Dieselaw

Well i just got my new Chimera yesterday. I wasn't able to get it running last night. So today i get to check the spark plug and things like that. If there are any tips for a new RC/Chimera owner i am all ears. Looking forward to getting it running.

topblissgt

make sure the primer is pumped up and put the choke on. Pull the starter a few time and it will pop like its trying to start. Put the choke off and the next pull it will start.

Phill

Dieselaw said:
Well i just got my new Chimera yesterday. I wasn't able to get it running last night. So today i get to check the spark plug and things like that. If there are any tips for a new RC/Chimera owner i am all ears. Looking forward to getting it running.
Don't pull it more than twice with the choke on whether it pops or not or you'll flood it

Phill

topblissgt said:
I can pull mine sometime 5-7 times till it 'pops' with the choke on.. Never flooded
Very strange but I spose every motor/carby is different

I run a 990 now - no choke but the old 668 would flood as soon as look at it

Dieselaw

Thats how i felt! But i got it running today. Started the break in proceed, mAn this thing is FUN. It is starting to lunge at idle, so i will make that my firat adjustment when i tune it. Thx for the info guys.

topblissgt

Dieselaw said:
Thats how i felt! But i got it running today. Started the break in proceed, mAn this thing is FUN. It is starting to lunge at idle, so i will make that my firat adjustment when i tune it. Thx for the info guys.
if it lunging, the idle is too high . Back it off a bit

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts