• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 990 carb

rampagemt

What's factory settings on a 990 carb? Dumb question but wanna have good luck

Sent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2

G

The same should get you running.

1 1/4 low needle

1 1/2 high needle

Only prime it enough to fill the bulb. I think a lot of people have trouble because they flood it by over priming.

rampagemt

Alright thanks! Hope she does good with my motor I want to take some footage

rampagemt

And would it be a good idea for me to remove engine cover as I mainly run in grass. I have pullstart outerwears, and crank mesh mod. I don't want engine getting enxtra grass plus i am running lightened flywheel

Deluge

I use these settings for the 990...

HSN - 1 1/4

LSN - 1 1/4

Prime it until you see fuel flowing back into the tank through the return line. The cover is there to help keep the cylinder cool. It basically captures the air flow that the flywheel creates and pushes it through the cylinder fins. I wouldn't remove it. However, you can shorten it.

Kinda like this...

http://www.hpibajaforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1116082&postcount=4

rampagemt

Ok I will leave the cover there then . I am installing carb today and putting mesh on the inside of the chassis with shoe Goo and finally finishing my windows getting sick of all this grass its horrible

rampagemt

I will I know you liked my front window but will share more as I haven't seen 2 many heavily modified dune runners. Paving the way for more people.I am here to help

andyken

rampagemt said:
And would it be a good idea for me to remove engine cover as I mainly run in grass. I have pullstart outerwears, and crank mesh mod. I don't want engine getting enxtra grass plus i am running lightened flywheelSent from my PH44100 using Tapatalk 2
I got some window sreen and velcro, and meshed over 90% of the car.

No more grass...

Deluge

Yeah, it's overkill. I bet a lot of crap gets in through the sides of the chassis. You could block off those cut outs from the inside with some screen, or even some Lexan.

rampagemt

I got the sides meshed on inside with Shoe Goo and not fixing side skirts cuz they don't sit real tight. The more grass I keep out the better

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.