• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 32cc vs 30cc

Phill

UrbnRzqr said:
Great idea!! Let us know how it goes, actually wait do you have the new 32cc motor.Some of us were inquiring about more flow to supplement the xtra displacement.
No I run a Zenoah G290

I won't use a 2 bolt after the experience I had with the stocker.

Ice_2k

New 32cc vs 30cc

RampageHopUps said:
The 990 is a pain in the butt if you live in cold weather.
I live in a rather moderate climate... from 35°C (95F) in the summer to -15°C (5F) in the winter. If I can get the 990's performance with the added convenience of the choke, I'm sure it would make my life much easier during the cold months.

The problem is I read on some other forums a guy had problems getting the 1107 working ok and said he reverted to the 990, which is why I'm not sure what to do...

Phill

Ice_2k said:
I live in a rather moderate climate... from 35°C (95F) in the summer to -15°C (5F) in the winter. If I can get the 990's performance with the added convenience of the choke, I'm sure it would make my life much easier during the cold months. The problem is I read on some other forums a guy had problems getting the 1107 working ok and said he reverted to the 990, which is why I'm not sure what to do...
I don't bother with other forums.

This is the best place for Redcat help

Where do you live to have such a big variation in temperature

Ice_2k

New 32cc vs 30cc

Unfortunately here as well I saw people recommend the 990 and others recommend the 1107 :) If I could get a clear advice from here, I would definetely trust it.

P.S. Romania

Phill

Ice_2k said:
Unfortunately here as well I saw people recommend the 990 and others recommend the 1107 :) If I could get a clear advice from here, I would definetely trust it.P.S. Romania
I can only comment on my experience with the 990

RampageHopUps

Ice_2k said:
Unfortunately here as well I saw people recommend the 990 and others recommend the 1107 :) If I could get a clear advice from here, I would definetely trust it.P.S. Romania
You won;t get clear advise. The 32cc from Redcat is a new engine and most people don;t have it yet. Nevermind the fact that people don;t really know carbs.

Ice_2k

I realise the 32cc is too new, I would also be happy with some feedback on the 1107's pairing with the 30cc

hombre

I know I have asked this before on here but can remember or find where's its posted.... But what these bote and stroke on the new 32cc ..... 38mm x 30mm???

hombre

The ones that r on eBay say 28mm stroke x 37mm bore but that don't come out to anywhere near a 32cc

hombre

RampageHopUps said:
Its on here somewhere, I will have to look.
Did u ever find those numbers I've been doing lots of research and can't come up with them best I can figure with using a bore and stroke calculator is it should be 30mm stroke with 37mm bore that is unless they did like the new zenoah 32cc and dropped the stroke back to 28mm and took the bore to 38mm

redcatracer

Just bought the new Dunerunner with 32cc HY Engine

I just got my brand new Redcat Rampage Dunerunner v3 with the 32cc HY Engine. Top end is crazy fast, but the low end lag is absolutely horrible. It bogs down so bad at take off. Luckily I can get away with a 990 carb since I live in the south and seldom need a choke to crank any 2 cycle engine. I ordered one today from Daves Motors and noticed that the Walbro WT-990 is listed to fit a CY engine, got my nerves in a pinch now since the new engine is a HY. I sure hope it fits... Will let everyone know the difference the 990 makes before I install the Jetpro pipe on it.

Phill

redcatracer said:
I just got my brand new Redcat Rampage Dunerunner v3 with the 32cc HY Engine. Top end is crazy fast, but the low end lag is absolutely horrible. It bogs down so bad at take off. Luckily I can get away with a 990 carb since I live in the south and seldom need a choke to crank any 2 cycle engine. I ordered one today from Daves Motors and noticed that the Walbro WT-990 is listed to fit a CY engine, got my nerves in a pinch now since the new engine is a HY. I sure hope it fits... Will let everyone know the difference the 990 makes before I install the Jetpro pipe on it.
The 990 will fit both HY and CY as well as Zenoah

Ice_2k

redcatracer said:
I have the same configuration as you but I have no bogging... did you adjust the needles? Maybe you're running the LSN too rich?

P.S. I went with the 1107 carb which is basically a 990 with a choke. Didn't install it yet though.

Ildy666

If u live in the south.check out gizmo motors there in florida.great prices and service.and they can build great motors....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts