• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

New 32cc vs 30cc

Ice_2k

ccattie said:
So how has the carbs worked out, boys?-c
I went with the 1107 but it wasn't a big improvement over the stock. I think the 32cc HY already comes with a bigger carb. Nobody seems to know exactly what the stock carb on the 32cc is, but considering the very small difference between it and the 1107, I don't think it's the 668, as it was on the 30.5cc.

RampageHopUps

No, the 32cc and the 36cc use a different carb than the 30.5cc. I never did find out what it was copied after.

Ice_2k

Well, what's clear is that a carb upgrade is no longer a must. The stocker performed great.

1RC5

I'm bringing this up because I didn't see it mentioned on this thread(unless I missed it) and it's an important detail. Many of the new HY 32cc motors are 4 BOLT. Mine and several others came with 4 bolt 32cc engines.

I was set on changing the motor before even running the truck, but the motor runs amazingly well. It has great bottom and midrange, and the top end is adequate for an MT. It doesn't even need a high rpm clutch IMO. I'm running the stock carb, JetPro rear mount, and a Baja HPI air filter.

Ice_2k

Yes, there are 2 versions of the 32cc, 2 bolt and 4 bolt. I don't think there are any performance differences between the two.

Phill

RampageHopUps said:
No, the 32cc and the 36cc use a different carb than the 30.5cc. I never did find out what it was copied after.
I read somewhere that the stocker is an 1107.

Don't know if it's right though

RampageHopUps

It's got to be close to that. They make their own, so it's never exactly the same if you use a micrometer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online