• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Needle Settings 668 Carb 30cc fuelie?

mark leenheer

Got a new carb on the way after having repeated tuning issues with the stock carb.

What are the recommended jet settings?

Thanks

RampageHopUps

The stock settings have changed. I will be meeting 2 stock guys this weekend and I will figure out the settings.

Its Alex

Deluge said:
I've always set the 668 1 1/4 turns out on the high needle and 1 1/2 turns out on the low needle.
okay so tommorow i will have my new carb, fuel lines, manifold, gaskets, and everything else that could possibly cause an air leak from ddm.... cant wait

Dusty

Right amount of turns wrong needles ... walbro 668 is 1 1/4 out on low & 1 1/2 out on high then just a pinch turn on high needle for tuning tell you find the sweet spot . Low needle should almost never need adjustment O’Neil brothers has a great vid on YouTube for breaking in motor and setting / tuning your carb .

expertbasser

Newbie 2 gas, here. MY stock carb has a "L" in between the 2 needle adjustment screws. Which is which please?

expertbasser

I found a 996 carb on Amazon. A whopping $13 free shipping. So I bought it.

Been trying to get my xt running correctly since unboxing.

Did nothing but swap out the new carb for the original. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!! Just unbolted the original, slapped on the new, & it fired up 1st pull! It screams now!!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online