• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

need tire info

big scott

hello all, i need to no what size is the hex?? and what size is the shaft for the hex?? are the stock tires any good?? if so were can i get a set??

sorry for all the ? but i have a hobby pro 1/5 car and need new tires bad and i seen the redcat onroad tires and thay look good and just seeing if i could use them on my car, thanks.

kryptonite

those tries will fit, but yo wont like them very much. the 2wd's need good tires. your best bet are some pmt's or something like that. if you let us know where you are we can help you out with a vendor..

a hobby pro ha.. i had a few of them.. who did you get it from? it may be my old one since i sold it on this forum..

big scott

i live in maryland. i got it from a frend that got it new he only used it 2 times. but the tires suck and need something just not sure what. thanks.

kryptonite

these icara's are decant for the parking lot. a little slow on warming up, but they last a little while longer

http://www.fgsupply.com/product.cgi?group=94364&product=94373

these are the PMT eclipse. pretty good for the track. warm up fast and are super sticky.

http://www.fgsupply.com/product.cgi?group=94364&product=94368

these guys also sell all the parts you need for the hobby-pro as well as fg parts that will also fit.. there is alot to know about tire selection. diffrent compounds, front and rears what compound for what brand, outside and tarmac temps as well as the type of area they'll be used on.. are you racing at 301raceway? i spent a good amount of time on that track with my hobby-pro's..

387mudslinger

Contributor
kryptonite said:
these icara's are decant for the parking lot. a little slow on warming up, but they last a little while longer

these are the PMT eclipse. pretty good for the track. warm up fast and are super sticky.

these guys also sell all the parts you need for the hobby-pro as well as fg parts that will also fit.. there is alot to know about tire selection. diffrent compounds, front and rears what compound for what brand, outside and tarmac temps as well as the type of area they'll be used on.. are you racing at 301raceway? i spent a good amount of time on that track with my hobby-pro's..
do youknow who has the stock rally ties? 6 tanks and there getting bald.

kryptonite

you can try largescalerc.com. i don't really know much about the rally tires. i would try the icaras. with the 4wd they should be amazing on the parking lot. i think the rally tires are a little taller wich will give nice ground clearance for grass and stuff.

big scott

kryptonite said:

no i don't race i wish(don't have the money or a good truck that will travel that far).

i have a fue?

1= can i remove my tires from my rims?? if so how?

2= do you balance your tires? if so how?

3=would i want sticky tires for the rear? what should i use for the front?

this tire thing is new to me and this being a 2wheel drive just don't no what compound for front or rear. is there a good site that goes throw tire selection?

thanks very much for all your help.

i love the car but the stock tires SUCK. i even modded the engine and went throw the hole car the suspension was very stiff the stearing did not work becouse it was so stiff. now all is good, im just trying to get the front brakes to work right:eek:.

kryptonite

big scott said:
no i don't race i wish(don't have the money or a good truck that will travel that far).
i have a fue?

1= can i remove my tires from my rims?? if so how?

yes, but its a pain in the neck and regluing them is tough. the aggrivation is not really worth it

2= do you balance your tires? if so how?

no. if your tire has an ueven wobble it is mostl likly a bent rim

3=would i want sticky tires for the rear? what should i use for the front?

all depends on temp and surface. with the pmt's, the higher the number the harder the compound. the rear tires wear out the fastest, so a harder compound will be better. for good wear and traction i would say #20's all the way around when its over 100*. as it gets cooler go with a softer compound.

this tire thing is new to me and this being a 2wheel drive just don't no what compound for front or rear. is there a good site that goes throw tire selection?

go to rcuniverse.com, they have a large scale section.

thanks very much for all your help.

i love the car but the stock tires SUCK. i even modded the engine and went throw the hole car the suspension was very stiff the stearing did not work becouse it was so stiff. now all is good, im just trying to get the front brakes to work right:eek:.
try to give it some rear toe in so it tracks staight..

387mudslinger

Contributor
kryptonite said:
you can try largescalerc.com. i don't really know much about the rally tires. i would try the icaras. with the 4wd they should be amazing on the parking lot. i think the rally tires are a little taller wich will give nice ground clearance for grass and stuff.
was thinking to get a off road body and off road ties to go on it. ya i'l do that

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts