• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need some input! which is better!

RCnoob

hi, so ive been asking about on different forums asking people which they would get in my situation, ive been getting some mixed answers, and as im on the redcat forums, im sure that will be favored! But the people who have both of these, id love to hear what you think of the two. SO!, i had my eyes on a used hpi baja 5t for 750, and a guy is selling a used rampage with a 425 dollar engine in it, for 600. People have told me that redcats break easy, and parts are unbelievably hard to find in canada. And that baja parts are usually in stock at any major hobby shop.

RampageHopUps

Look to the left. 2 huge suppliers of Redcat parts. Vancouver Hobbies and The NitroRCshop.

To test your Baja theory, pick 2 parts out of a Baja manual and call the LHS to see if they have it.

Obeast44

Banned
Ive personally never had an issue with getting any Rampage part I needed. Like Rob said, to the left and they will have you covered.

hamster huey

don't assume your hobby store has everything. Mine has no Rampage parts and some 5t/5b parts. Ive had HPI and Redcat. HPI is expensive. I could build the Rampage of my dreams for less than 1/2 of the $$ of the 5t of my dreams. I actually did build the Ramp of my dreams P2W (in the project section). My 5T isnt the one of my dreams but close. I had to stop. Its just too expensive. If your wondering 2 or 4wd consider the Rampage can be run either way but the HPI is only 2wd. The rampage is way easier to dissassenble for maintenance. I built my HPI and my Redcat to my specs, drive them under the same condtions and netiher breaks down more than the other.

Martin

You can add DDM and also directly at Redcatracing, I bought from both and I get my parts under 8 days. (I'm in canada)

Where I am, I don't get HPI parts faster than Redcat.

smoedog

Contributor
This was my worry when I bought mine. I was worried about the durability of the rampage and having to wait on parts. I almost said screw it and settled with a revo lol.

Thank god I got the rampage. Other than the problems with the stock steering servo's i had, this car has been great. I started off by babying it then i went crazy. I have cart wheeled it, ran it into stuff, jumped it and landed on the roof. Only things i have broke was the rear spoiler, and cracked a spark plug. Part support is great, everything i've needed i have gotten from rampagehopups, within 4-5 days.

I couldn't be happier, and will be definatley be getting the electric rampage when it comes out lol

DanSpd

Redcat is reliable for sure. I got my used with 30.5 engine and had to change head, piston.

Other than that I changed gear mount servo mount dual sterring, etc. And I did that only to upgrade and make it a bit beefy. Stock parts that were replaced are in good condition.

And trust me, I run my rampage tt really really hard.

Anyway, grats on new rampage.

RCnoob

ah icic, i think all the upgrades will cost a lot more then the rampage haha. i need more money lol

hamster huey

The basic upgrade kit: steering servo / throttle servo, pipe, 3rd channel kill, 2.4gig, 8k clutch spring, baja air filter, head kit, outerwears. If you have a good charger you can safely get 3 tanks out of the stock battery. I can do 4 but thats cutting cutting it close to the last MAH. So if your using the sotck battery make or buy a Y so you can charge it w/o taking it out.

RCnoob

so i went saw it last night!, oooooomg, i thought the t-maxx was big!!! turns out he has all the more important aluminum upgrades on it already, and at 34 pounds, added more will just slow it down, it wasnt as fast as my friends baja, but it did about 54 kms with the nice 30.5 cc 4.5hp engine in it :D . is it friday yet? :D !!!!!!!!

RCnoob

well i got it!!!! its massive! i cant get over how big it is, i thought the t maxx was big lol. I already broke a little peice on it, the steering servo arm broke in half, im hoping i can find an aluminum one tomorrow at the hobby shop. I still have to tune it a bit, and it scares me a little because i don't know fully what to look for, i ruined one nitro engine because i didnt tune it right. so im a little scared with this one!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts