• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

{{{need Some Help!!!}}} I Want Warp Speed!!!

satttheman

hey guys whats going on? I just took my rally out today for but third tank im just starting to tune on it. I let it warm up and run did two slow pass and two high speed passes the top speed was 41.5mph or about 68km/h according to my garmin. this motor is INSANE im running 33/27 26/24 so that take off and the punch is crazy. but i want more top-end i know i can run 36/24 but i want big im trying to get this thing over 55mph which isnt a problem if the were bigger gears. im wondering will red cat come out with any bigger gears? i want to try mcd 39t but i cant find a 21t gear not evena 20t there is a 19 t but it the mesh is horrible they barely touch i don't even think it would last a pass! I NEED SOME HELP!!! CUSTOM GEARS OR IF SOMEONE KNOWS WHERE A CAN GET SOME BIGGER GEARS PLEASE CHIME IN

satttheman

HELLL YEA excuse my language but my low end is insane. im running a Oneill Brothers Full Mod 27.2 with some top secret work and ceramic bearing, zero drag seals, and a shread head v-stack i still have to mod my air filter for the shreadhead to get more power. i still have a few things to try but i think i need to start my search for gears away

timsted

might be a bit much gear, but you could try 31/19 in the c/d gears

kryptonite

hey satt. it sounds like your having too much fun over there.. you need me to come down and show you how its done? :D .. if i may chime in with my freakin wisdom. i don't think your issue is gears bro. i would run some MT gears. (35/25 of course) to see how that works. the other thing is your running a 2mm stuffed stroker. that helps with the torque, but you will lose a good amount of rpms with that set-up. if it was me i would be shooting for max rpm with something like a zen 25.4. reed and race ported with a lightened flywheel. those motors rev out at like 21k were you are probly peaking at maybe 18.5k tops with your pipe. (becouse of the stroker). its just a thought. i know you just scored that mill, but you'l be hard pressed to find anything more then the 36/24's. and custom gears will run you a few hundred bills if not more. i think that 40+ is a good start for sure. couple more tanks and that motor will be really loosened up. AND WHERES VID!! :D

satttheman

kryptonite said:
hey satt. it sounds like your having too much fun over there.. you need me to come down and show you how its done? :D ..
yea come to NJ and show me how its done! lol ive seen dyno sheet one these motors and they rev up and over 20-21k this setup screams but not like an well break in full mod prolly by the 5-6 tank it well be loosened up nice. i fulled up the third tank today and i only ran it for 10 mins tops. i think its a good start 40mph isnt bad it quick as Hell its like 0-40mph 0-40mph theres no in between. i'll probably just get the MCD 36 & 24 that should put me really close to 50mph. i really want 55mph cause my fg would did 57mph and would've 60mph if i had the room. these pass were just up and down my street hopefully i can get it out to a parking lot were i can really opened it up for more than a few seconds.

kryptonite

satttheman said:
yea come to NJ and show me how its done! .
don't say that bra. my roots run deep thru jersey. 30+ years. from newark thru the oranges and straight to paterson.. any way..lol.. 21k? only if you let me run it!!!! :p , ya it could be. eather way, a larger engine spins slower then a smaller engine. but you have the torque to pull some gears. O'BROS don't make light play mills for sure. so let it roll. my mind just works the other way. im putting a "heated" 23cc in my TT just so it will go faster.. i'll see. :confused:

satttheman

thats an invite come on down to NJ. i might go to the hobby shop they have a huge lot behind it. i should be able to open it all the way open for atleast 10 sec i have to adjust the brakes some more before i go so the lock up. GL with the 23cc i don't know how it will do but im sure it will be fine. im running a ONB raced ported gp290 with 33/27 gearing for the street and 30/30 off road and its on it 2nd tank im starting to tune on it and its running good.

satttheman

i need to get some icaro asap too ill probably throw my kronos on it for tomorrow. maybe when i take it out i don't drive it long enough for the tires to get tacky but these things are loose. get for driving i can spin them and make the car break loose at almost anytime

satttheman

still looking for input im ordering some mt gears tomorrow. im going to radar and gps the buggy tomorrow im running steel 25/25 and 31/29 it seems like the perfect gear for my setup it snappy the front tires hop alittle on the take off. anyone ever have there tt5 wheelie of the line? i might have to order a adjustable clutch and put my full mod in it maybe i might get alot my than a hop!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.