• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need Help - planning on buying rampage TT

igetbombed

Contributor
Hello,

I have been into RC's or over 15 years now, but have stuck to 1/10 and 1/8 primarily, and just got into electrics after being into nitro.

Anywho, I recently saw my first 1/5 scale in action - it was the HPI Baja, and I loved it. Immediately came home and saw the cost and was discouraged. Buddy of mine told me about Redcat as a more cost efficient yet reliable way to get into 1/5 scale, and I've been doing a lot of reading etc and have decided on my next rig - I want the Rampage TT and plan on buying it soon.

My questions to you all:

1.) Should I get this over the MT? I'm primarily going to bash, and jump off of our home made ramp. Occasionally (like 1-2 times a year) I'll hit a track

2.) What should I upgrade right off the bat? I know every rig has some glaring weaknesses, so what do you all recommend I replace right away? Links would be greatly beneficial here as well.

3.) Any good links as to how to break in these motors? I've never messed with one of these motors in my life, and want to be sure I know what I'm doing.

Thanks in advance.

krashkrieg

Contributor
Welcome to the forums..

your decision will not let you down. :D

1- the difference between the two comes down to

different wheels, bumpers, gear set and dust cover...one can easily be turned into another. The MT goes over everything...the TT is more agile.

2-most will replace the Servos right off the bat.

Replace stock filter with HPI one.

New Exhaust

3-Opinions will vary slightly but generally 25:1 mix...10 to 15 min hot/cold cycle... no more than half throttle for bout 2 tanks then start little at a time blipping towards WOT...by 3-4 tank start tuning it by spark plug.

racetruck

Rob here at rampage hopups will treat you right with a new redcat TTyou also get a 20 % DISCOUNT for a year and team driver here on the forum. First thing you need to do is replace the throttle servo and the radio i would get a futaba 3 channel radio then a kill switch and read the pre run list lock all the bolts and nuts and pull the dog bones apart and use red loctite on the pins and blue loctite on the set screws i put a groove in the center of the pin for the set screw to go into. for the break in just run it slow for one tank the second tank run alittle faster by the third tank run it to your liking :D

igetbombed

Contributor
Awesome, keep the tips coming, just a few follow up questions from what was already posted.

1.) I get 20% off if I buy it off this site? Is that right? Holy smokes - that's awesome!

2.) I keep reading that the throttle servo is kind of junkie on these - any suggestions as to which servo to upgrade too? Looking for something that won't kill me price wise.

Thanks in advance.

Trickle007

Contributor
its is 20% off on parts for the 1st year after your 1st original tt purchase.

Throttle servo: hitec 5645 is what I use around 50 bucs

You also might wanna consider replacing carb as well.

Welcome to the forums.

igetbombed

Contributor
OHHHH. LOL. I almost jumped out of my chair when I read 20% off! LOL. I was going to buy it right now.

I just checked, and unfortunately that website doesn't have any TT's in stock.

racetruck

my son and myself run hitech servos throttle is MG645bb 40.00 bucks and for steering we run hitech HS805BB about 40.00 bucks. and yes a 20% discount for a year when you buy from rob at rampagehopups rob will treat you right real nice guy :cool:

racetruck

Cool you will like the MT you can always put on the small tires on it and turn it into a truggy and the truck bodys look better than the buggy Welcome and do the pre run list first igetbombed :D

P4200006.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts