• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need for (more) speed!

flarcer

I just got a Rampage Rally roller ( thanks Rodney). I install a Zenoah 26 took it right out, and ran back to back 50-51 mphs. Now I want more. I am not new to RC but I am new to the Rampage gearing system. I'm currently running 33/27 and 31/19. What gears should I look to get for speed? I'm looking for 60 mph at the least. Thanks in advance.

timsted

get a set of mcd 36/24, that and your 31/19 are the tallest i've seen. if that isn't enough, taller tires, ported motor, topend pipe.

Sprint 77

Contributor
Rob at www.rampagehopups.com has got a couple DDM side Dom pipes at a Holiday special get you one of those if you want to go fast on a budget. It will go great with a Zenoah four bolt 26

Obeast44

Banned
Also, im not sure on this but, you could also up the "C" gear and go lower on the "D" gear to increase topend as well......just woke up, but im pretty sure my head is workin right. :rolleyes:

I think MCD make some that will work on the Ramp.

Sprint 77

Contributor
I am sorry you said Rampage Rally . Some of the guys are using MCD rally pipes on those cars and looks like some from the 5T will work as well that wrap around.

pipeous

I got the vrc silenced side pipe and it fits nice. just had to make a mount off the chassis and cut a hole in the body. I also used the rubber coupler from the tube etension around the tip to save the pipe from body rub

ryuken168

speed

flarcer said:
I just got a Rampage Rally roller ( thanks Rodney). I install a Zenoah 26 took it right out, and ran back to back 50-51 mphs. Now I want more. I am not new to RC but I am new to the Rampage gearing system. I'm currently running 33/27 and 31/19. What gears should I look to get for speed? I'm looking for 60 mph at the least. Thanks in advance.
I don't want to burst your bubble, but the AWD rally and even the MCD rally is not that fast.

First get a speed gun and a video, not matter what mod engine you are running the stock gears top out at 37mph.

A FG sportsline w/ stock 23cc out of the box runs 54mph. The Rampage rally is no way near that speed.

You can hit realistically 50+mph with MCD gears 36, 24, 26, 24.

With your set-up, you have tons of torque and your tires just spin out and you'll top out very fast, but fast launch.

Also I have not seen a MCD on youtube go any faster. So if you are looking for top speed you can try a MCD 37, 23 front gears at Large Scale RC or get a custom made higher gears like 39, 21 or 40, 20.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts