• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need dogbone pins

Toyonka

hey, can some one tell me where I can get the dogbone pins? One of the dogbone pins on my rampage fell out and now I'm trying to fix it. All it is, is a 5/32" diameter x 3/4" long dowel pin. But it's an odd ball size and no one seems to have it. Any suggestions?

MOfroggy

You might try McMaster Carr. Or stick a piece of the proper size and cut to length numbered drill in until you can find the stock part.

McMaster has a "roll pin" that would work to. Item #92373A215 18-8 Stainless. The kicker is there are 100 per pack and the price is $7.62

NitroBurn

I bought some hardened steel pins from Mcmaster, PN# DP5004020, 4mm x 20mm. To make sure they stay in you have to peen the holes on the bones on both sides to roll the metal over a bit, also squash the hole a lil tighter from the sides, just a touch though don't over do it. Then squeeze the pin into the bone in the vise jaws. Worked great so far, the new pins haven't budged since I changed them. You can also try some sleeve retaining locktite, the green stuff to bond them together.

Last edited by a moderator:

MOfroggy

NitroBurn said:
I bought some hardened steel pins from Mcmaster, PN# DP5004020, 4mm x 20mm. To make sure they stay in you have to peen the holes on the bones on both sides to roll the metal over a bit, also squash the hole a lil tighter from the sides, just a touch though don't over do it. Then squeeze the pin into the bone in the vise jaws. Worked great so far, the new pins haven't budged since I changed them. You can also try some sleeve retaining locktite, the green stuff to bond them together.
Good suggestion, I didn't even know they made green loctite!

RampageHopUps

Green loctite seeps into tight sapces and hardens. They use that for pre-assembled bolts that they don't want to dissasemble. Its so thin, it sjust gets in teh nooks and crannies and locks it up. Works great for the pins.

Toyonka

Thanks for the info guys. I've already ordered some pins from Mcmaster, now just playing the waiting game. cheers

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts