• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

need a little help with xb exhaust

jared86

im new to 1/5 scale. i am looking @ getting a pipe for my xb. i want a loud pipe that will create as much overall power as possible. i hear of people making custom pipes. so my question is what pipe will create the best power and best sound? i am a skilled welder and hav my own weld shop so custom fitting a pipe should b easy just wondering what route i should take. please hit me with suggestions, ideas, or general input. also what are good hopups to start with? my rampage is bone stock right now but i want to make a serious machine.

krebidoux

i have the jetpro side pipe witch seems to give the best of both top and bottom, wear as i've read that the jetpro rear gives a higher top end and not much extra bottom. for sound the side pipe is nice and loud but not too loud.

cordy

Depends on what your looking for,a top end pipe or a low end pipe.The best of both worlds is a duel bleed pipe. A top end pie has the exhaust opening at the end of the pipe,a bottom end has the exhaust opening in the middle.Running a dual bleed pipe will give you overall performance. However if you want just top end just plug the low end exhaust opening and vise versa for a low end . I race my xb here at the chicago track and cant be switching from a top end to bottom end. Rember pipes are costly so think about a pipe you can use for all seasons and buy once.Good luck on whatever you choose and have fun.

jared86

thanks for the input. i know i deffinately want to get/fit a rear pipe. what other upgrades should i be looking to get into? where do u get hopup parts for these? ive been looking and it doesn't seem like there is alot of sites selling hopups for the xb. is there any other models other than the xt that r compatible parts wise?

G

The dominator is a little louder. Jetpro has 2 pipes that are a direct fit. The side mounts are a little more protected. Rear blead pipes give great top end while mid bleed give a little better low end power. The stock motors don't rev as high as a good ported motor. Keep that in mind. Most will agree on the Jetpro for the xb. I modified a rear mount dominator for mine. I only went that route because i got it for next to nothing. It makes great power but is not very protected. I would not recommend modifying the expansin chamber if you want to make one fit. It would be easy to ruin the effectiveness of the pipe.

cordy

Make shure you get a kill switch if you havent got one all ready.Killer bee makes the best, I also use pico kill switches.Jet pro ,cpi,are a couple of pipe makers.Look at the left hand column. You can also use some hpi baja stuff.Use wheel adaptewrs to use baja wheels.I just got a set from 7075 on the left hand column for my xt which is the same as the xb.Oh yes you have to decide if you want to make it look pretty or if you want it haul a$$. Look at rc dads xb it`s very pretty.Perhaps you would like to do both,then kiss you main squeeze good by and get a fat wallet. Have fun!

Last edited by a moderator:
G

thanks for the input. i know i deffinately want to get/fit a rear pipe. what other upgrades should i be looking to get into? where do u get hopup parts for these? ive been looking and it doesn't seem like there is alot of sites selling hopups for the xb. is there any other models other than the xt that r compatible parts wise?
Just the XSC and xbe. The x series share the same platform. 7075, Rampage Hopups, Redcat Racing Shop & RU Faster are recommended because they support the forum. :) if you have a favorite you can always go to Redcats site to look for the parts you want and give the list to your dealer. I always recommend to shop around. Most dealers to the left will work something out with you.

jared86

RCDAD: what did u hav to mod on the dominator pipe to make it fit? i was thinking of either making a header flange or welding the stock 1 onto an aftermarket pipe. what was the dominator pipe designed for originally?

jared86

cordy: i was thikning about a kill switch but i was told that i would need a 3 channel radio. is that true? i was thinking of using a failsafe like i use on my 1/8 scales. will that work?

G

RCDAD: what did u hav to mod on the dominator pipe to make it fit? i was thinking of either making a header flange or welding the stock 1 onto an aftermarket pipe. what was the dominator pipe designed for originally?
It was designed for the hpi Baja. I just cut it about 1.5 inches from the header. I had to extend it a couple of inches and rotate the rest of the pipe until I had it where I wanted it. I tacked it up on the buggy. I also had to cut the cross bracing out of the rear shock tower to run it through.

G

The kill switch will activate by shutting off the transmitter. You do not need a third channel. You will need version 2. I run that one even though I have a third channel. I use my third channel for lights:D

Last edited:

DemonRC

RCDAD said:
I modified a rear mount dominator for mine. I only went that route because i got it for next to nothing. It makes great power but is not very protected. I would not recommend modifying the expansin chamber if you want to make one fit. It would be easy to ruin the effectiveness of the pipe.
+1 on the rear Dominator from the Baja. It's a great pipe. Tons of low end power and still let's the engine rev. Daves Motors is having a black Friday sale on them for $109 on the chromed and $99 for the black. If you like loud then that's the pipe to get because it's defintely an ear bleeder. Here's a link:

http://www.davesmotors.com/s.nl/c.885035/n.1/it.A/id.6071/.f

You can see that it'll be fairly easy to mod for the XB/XT.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts