• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need 30cc Hong Yang motor parts! Where to buy?

alfred e numan

Yes 450r. This is a direct bolt up to your engine. sayy 450, I bought the 3rd RPM Ice cube engine on earth. It was a CRF 250X. Sent it to RPM in Califorina. came back a 302 long rod stroker engine. $ 2,995.00. A baby 450!! The first engine was a factory test bed. The second engine was tested in the Paris-Dakar rally. The 3rd build was for me! What a engine that was dude-- welded frozen crank- you name it, it was a gem.

alfred e numan

Say 450-- If you spring for this top end from DDM, buy 2 -- 2bolt copper gaskets. 1- 0.015" AND 1- 0.020". I will show-tell you how to assemble this with no leaks. I bought one of these same kits- it was a pull off from a engine builder, $35.00. When the stock engine kicks the bucket, this will be bolted up.- Just bought a F-270 4bolt- I am waiting for a full CNC top end- piston to arrive.

alfred e numan

450? If you order the top-end kit from DDM, Here are the 2 part numbers for the copper gaskets. - ca317. 0.012". ca319. 0.020" You will only use one of these gaskets, you have to check-set the pistons clearance, squish. this will save you from waiting for additional parts-orders to arrive. ignore the other post that said 0.015". that was a honest mistake on my behalf. sorry.

Petrolheadz100

I bought a CY flywheel and i actually have he 30cc HY motor i believe that comes on the chimera, is this flywheel still going to fit? Also what replacement clutch can i use if not the stock one that comes wih the HY motor? Seems like others say you can use any clutch but must use the mounting hardware that comes with the specific clutch

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

Latest posts