• Welcome to RedcatRampageForum! Are you a Redcat fan? If so you're in luck as you've have arrived to the biggest and best RedcatRampage RC community.

Come join our community and ask your questions, show off your Recat RCs and share your experience!

Need 30cc Hong Yang motor parts! Where to buy?

Nashty450R

Hello, i have a Redcat Rampage Xb with a Cpi Exhaust on it and it ran awesome and loved it! One day it just bogged down

N shut off... I tried over nd over to start it and nothing... So i took the cylinder head off to look at the piston and its fried somehow a washer got sucked in the intake side and got wedged in there and boom... Ring was washed out, cylinder

Head and piston are trashed all scored up... Shot... So my dilema is i cant find a top end rebuild kit anywhere... The motor is a Hong Yang (HY) Fuelie 30cc, in my owners manual it says 30.4 cc.. I just want to buy the stock size, i need:

-Piston

-Piston Ring

-Cylinder Head

-Head Gasket

-Needle Bearing that goes in the top on the connecting rod

-2 Circlips to hold the piston on the piston pin

Whats the difference between thr Hpi baja 5b CY motor and the one redcat uses HY? Thank you for your help..

If u wanna see the rampage running check out www.youtube.com/Nashty450R

alfred e numan

Hi. There is a good chance the bottom of the engine is messed up also. sorry to burn ya out dude -- just trying to save you grief - time - $$. All Chung-Yang engines should bolt up with no issues. Save your HY for parts. clutch-starter-ect. just saying---

Keith81

you can score a whole new fuelie on ebay for probably like $150 without a carb or pull start or clutch...

Nashty450R

The washer was retrieved easily along with all the other pieces of metal with a magnetic tool, split the case no problem in the bottom end man i checked, where can i buy a top end rebuild kit for this thing? Im not spending $400 on a new motor...

GTS 666

A ported top end would be the way to go if the bottom end is ok. You can pick up some extra power that way without to much extra cost.

Nashty450R

Ok ill look into it, but where can i find the correct bore

Cylinder head to fit my 30.4cc HY motor? Its hard to believe no website sells replacement top ends for the HY 30.4cc's that the rampage Xb uses...

GTS 666

Head kit to suit 30.5 cy is what you need to look for I would check Daves discount motors first they have a large range of motors and parts.

alfred e numan

Say, Here is a good top end ! Go to DDM and search part # cc 259 + dd3x. If your bottom end is good, you only need to spend $99.00. Its a Zenoah jug, many people say the chrome plating on the bore is better quality. I can only speak for myself, I, and others here can show you how to assemble this puppy so you will have no air leaks, ect-ect. This jug has been cut - reshaped the right way. Ask us if you choose to order this-- I strongly reccomend a copper base gasket + sealant. been there- done that to these 2 bolt engines, and so have others on this forum.

alfred e numan

alfred e numan said:
Say, Here is a good top end ! Go to DDM and search part # cc 259 + dd3x. If your bottom end is good, you only need to spend $99.00. Its a Zenoah jug, many people say the chrome plating on the bore is better quality. I can only speak for myself, I, and others here can show you how to assemble this puppy so you will have no air leaks, ect-ect. This jug has been cut - reshaped the right way. Ask us if you choose to order this-- I strongly reccomend a copper base gasket + sealant. been there- done that to these 2 bolt engines, and so have others on this forum.
Also, the HY 30 produces about 2.50 HP. Its a torque motor. This Zenoah is smaller but will rev out like a crazed Indian. About 3.50+ HP. put a stronger spring on the clutch- $10.00 and it will walk the dog on the HY.

Nashty450R

alfred e numan said:
This top end will work with the crank that came stock in the HY 30.5? Am i lowering the bore? But increasing the rev? How do i kno the stroke on the HY30.5? Thank you

Deluge

The 30.5 has a 30mm crank and a 36mm bore. The kit Alfred linked has a 34mm bore, which would make it a 27.2 when used with a 30mm crank. A 27.2 is a balanced engine, plenty of torque and revs. If you want to keep it a 30.5, go with a 36mm head.

Last edited by a moderator:

ChuenouXiao

Nashty450R said:
Hello, i have a Redcat Rampage Xb with a Cpi Exhaust on it and it ran awesome and loved it! One day it just bogged downN shut off... I tried over nd over to start it and nothing... So i took the cylinder head off to look at the piston and its fried somehow a washer got sucked in the intake side and got wedged in there and boom... Ring was washed out, cylinder

Head and piston are trashed all scored up... Shot... So my dilema is i cant find a top end rebuild kit anywhere... The motor is a Hong Yang (HY) Fuelie 30cc, in my owners manual it says 30.4 cc.. I just want to buy the stock size, i need:

-Piston

-Piston Ring

-Cylinder Head

-Head Gasket

-Needle Bearing that goes in the top on the connecting rod

-2 Circlips to hold the piston on the piston pin

Whats the difference between thr Hpi baja 5b CY motor and the one redcat uses HY? Thank you for your help..

If u wanna see the rampage running check out www.youtube.com/Nashty450R
I think the same crap happened to me. Here is the link. Sound like its something similar to my case?

http://www.redcatrampageforum.com/showthread.php?t=7354

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts